Stack
      Hero:
      $2.65
      UTG:
      $2.10
      CO:
      $1.04

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:spade: , K:diamond:
      UTG calls $0.02, 5 folds, CO calls $0.02, BU folds, Hero raises to $0.12, BB folds, UTG calls $0.10, CO calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.38) 6:heart: , 2:spade: , J:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.38, UTG calls $0.38, CO folds.

Turn: ($1.14) J:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.90, UTG raises to $1.60 (All-In), Hero calls $0.70.

River: ($4.34) Q:heart: (1 players)

Final Pot: $4.34

The pot is 3.8 times bigger than the amount I have to call, so call is ok, right?
  • 2 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Hard to say, you have to be good a smallish percentage of the time but i don't think you're ever good in that spot, so rather than dwelling on this call you should probably make sure never to get in that spot again in the future.

That's one of the reasons why we bet smaller on dry boards, fewer hands can call us and we aren't afraid of any draw, which means our opponent's range is rather easy to read, and thus having room to make decisions is better. Here you opponent has mostly Jx, medium pocket pairs 77-TT, sometimes 6x 2x, and rarely 66/22/JJ.

This could change with deeper stacks but here betting between 1/2 and 2/3 pot on both streets is enough to get your opponent all-in by the river no matter what he has, and this way you can find a fold on that ugly turn card where the only hands that would raise your bet beat you, namely Jx and sets.

Hope it helps.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Silver
      Originally posted by tamairlarace

That's one of the reasons why we bet smaller on dry boards, fewer hands can call us and we aren't afraid of any draw, which means our opponent's range is rather easy to read, and thus having room to make decisions is better. Here you opponent has mostly Jx, medium pocket pairs 77-TT, sometimes 6x 2x, and rarely 66/22/JJ.

On the flop with good hand I don't like betting small because on this limit if the opponent is thinking about calling, he doest think about odds and stuff and for him it doesn't matter if it is 2/3 or full pot size bet, and my hand on this flop was good and I don't want let to see them ace cheaply. On the turn I usually slowdown a little.