[NL20-NL50] NL25sh - 55 set

• PetterG2
      Known players:

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.68 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 5:diamond: , 5:spade:
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $1,00, 3 folds, BB calls $0,75.

Flop: ($2,10) 2:spade: , 5:heart: , 3:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1,50, BB calls $1,50.

Turn: ($5,10) T:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $3,00, BB raises to $12,75, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $11,10

Does he raise me with anything else than a flush here? Calling for FH-value is wrong here, right? I only get like ~ 1:2 and would be getting to good odds to call river as well even if I don't hit meaning -EV.

Any corrections or other thoughts?
  • 2 replies
    • radyan111
      I put him all-in on the turn - he might do this with flushdraw, he might do this with lower set, he might do this with AT even.
    • MaestroOfZerg

You can't call, either you fold or you shove it on him, he's committed with anything he did that with he'll have to call it off even with worse hands.

The thing that bothers me is that this guy seems very aggressive, he could have raised the flop with a flushdraw + likely two overcards, i just don't see why he wouldn't. Especially after calling a late position raise from the BB, that flop will miss the pfa very often.

That's enough for me not to fold there, he could have a lower set or some 1 card redraw, and even if he has a flush we can still make a boat. I'm just shoving on him and will make a note at showdown.

Hope it helps.