Moving up to NL50

• radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      Hi!

I'm thinking about moving up to NL50 SH and I want to ask you guys for some advice.

At the moment I have around 22 buy-ins and I'm making some shots to get the feel of a higher limit, but eventually I will probably move in for good.

My questions are:

1. Do I need stats and tracking software? Tbh I've been playing without it for most of the time and was still able to beat NL25 (don't have a clue about my winrate though). I'm playing up to 4 tables and focus more on what's actually going on on the table, not about the exact fold to cbet turn values (for example). I figure I'll have to incorporate it in my play at some point, but can I beat NL50 without it?

2. Is NL50 much harder to beat than NL25? I'm playing on Party so I would be grateful if someone who also plays there could compare those limits.

3. Do I need some more advanced moves like light preflop 3bets or 4bets and stuff? I've been trying them on NL25 where I feel comfortable, but I would like to save myself as much swings as possible when moving up, so can I still play an ABC poker?

Any other thoughts and adivices are much appreciated.

Re:
      Pete
  • 3 replies
    • Katavich
      Katavich
      Bronze
      Originally posted by radyan111
      Hi!

I'm thinking about moving up to NL50 SH and I want to ask you guys for some advice.

At the moment I have around 22 buy-ins and I'm making some shots to get the feel of a higher limit, but eventually I will probably move in for good.

My questions are:

1. Do I need stats and tracking software? Tbh I've been playing without it for most of the time and was still able to beat NL25 (don't have a clue about my winrate though). I'm playing up to 4 tables and focus more on what's actually going on on the table, not about the exact fold to cbet turn values (for example). I figure I'll have to incorporate it in my play at some point, but can I beat NL50 without it?

2. Is NL50 much harder to beat than NL25? I'm playing on Party so I would be grateful if someone who also plays there could compare those limits.

3. Do I need some more advanced moves like light preflop 3bets or 4bets and stuff? I've been trying them on NL25 where I feel comfortable, but I would like to save myself as much swings as possible when moving up, so can I still play an ABC poker?

Any other thoughts and adivices are much appreciated.

Re:
      Pete
      1. Tracking software will make your game better, so it is better to have it. You can use Poker Elephant for free, or you can move on cake network when nobody has tracking software (atleast with HUD) so you wont have any disadvantages in game. :s_cool:

2. It is harder but not too much, less fishs and regs are better. ps. I didn't play at party but I did on many other platforms

3. when you play vs fish then there is no big difference, but if you fold 90%BB to steal and don't defend, then thinking opponents will exploit your game. You can play without it, but to perfect your game you will have to learn it.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      I'll give you the short answer:

1. Not if you do ok without it imo
      2. Not on ipoker imo
      3. I only do that vs select opp, depends who you play against(I play 3 tables)
    • Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze
      I can't give you much advice, been a long time since I played 50NL there, and not a mountain of hands. (Playing 10nl at the moment, but not because I lost my br to poker)

But I think you need a few people pushing you to 50NL :D .

I'd say go for it! You seem ready!
      Set yourself a loss limit and go back if you get below.

1. stats: It looks like you're not a real stats fan. Neither am I. But I don't really like numbers. If I would put some effort in learning about stats, I'd probably win more. But it wouldn't be as much fun for me, so I don't.
      I only use vpip/pfr/3bet/aggression/hands. Using few stats will help you to categorize players a bit more. It's more easy to see who is really really tight, who is not and so on. Just to give you an impression what kinda guy you're playing. Also if you're planning on using stats later on, it would be better to start out with some now rather than later on. It will take you some time to get used to. But it's not mandatory to win in any way.

don't have a clue about my winrate though.
      :P Are you kidding me? I really really like this somehow. How can you not even bother to find out your winrate :P :P

2. There where a lot of different opinions about this when I was playing 50NL. I found 50NL a bit more aggressive and tougher. But somehow almost everybody that's well past 50NL will tell you it's just the same fish :) .

3. I'd say continue what you're doing and find out for yourself. Getting involved more in bigger pots will give you more variance.

greetz.