vp$ip BBvsSteal ORL RaisePreflop
      Position: Stack
      AF W$SD WTS hands

Hero: $14,75

30 100 22 8
      BB: $9,58
      3,4 50 19 132

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by http://www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with :heart: A, :diamond: J (Comment)
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0,40, BB raises to $1,40, Hero calls $1,00.

Flop: ($2,80) :heart: 6, :heart: 2, :heart: 7 (2 players) (Comment)
      Hero bets $1,00, BB raises to $2,00, Hero calls $1,00.

Turn: ($6,80) :club: 7 (2 players) (Comment)
      Hero checks, BB raises $6,18 (All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: $12,98

Should I have called?
      thanks.
  • 2 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Calling the flop is fine he's giving you immediate odds to draw to your flush.

Calling the turn is out of the question, you have a flushdraw with one card to come on a paired board, it's worthless unless you know he's aggressive enough for your A-high to be good there, which it probably isn't at these stakes, don't hero call there.

Try and c-bet bigger on the if you're going to bet at all, unless you are specifically looking to induce a raise to shove over the top with the draw. A 1/3 bet just shows weakness to most opponents and you need to be able to react correctly to that.

Either c-bet/shove or check/shove on him in that spot, it's unlikely he has either a set or a made flush, so if he wants to get all-in with a worse draw it's fine by you. Even if he has a made flush or a set you still have decent equity, but you need to get the money in on the flop with two cards left to come.

Hope it helps.
    • pokerluzer27
      pokerluzer27
      Bronze
      Hello,

first of all thanks for advises.

So am I understand correctly, here the best move would be a Check at Flop and if he raises a moderate, I push all-in?

I was thinking he has a big pocket pair TT+ this is why he is prtecting so strong.