This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AJ gets flush draw on flop

• pokerluzer27
      pokerluzer27
      Bronze
      vp$ip BBvsSteal ORL RaisePreflop
      Position: Stack
      AF W$SD WTS hands

Hero: $14,75

30 100 22 8
      BB: $9,58
      3,4 50 19 132

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by http://www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with :heart: A, :diamond: J (Comment)
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0,40, BB raises to $1,40, Hero calls $1,00.

Flop: ($2,80) :heart: 6, :heart: 2, :heart: 7 (2 players) (Comment)
      Hero bets $1,00, BB raises to $2,00, Hero calls $1,00.

Turn: ($6,80) :club: 7 (2 players) (Comment)
      Hero checks, BB raises $6,18 (All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: $12,98

Should I have called?
      thanks.
  • 2 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Calling the flop is fine he's giving you immediate odds to draw to your flush.

Calling the turn is out of the question, you have a flushdraw with one card to come on a paired board, it's worthless unless you know he's aggressive enough for your A-high to be good there, which it probably isn't at these stakes, don't hero call there.

Try and c-bet bigger on the if you're going to bet at all, unless you are specifically looking to induce a raise to shove over the top with the draw. A 1/3 bet just shows weakness to most opponents and you need to be able to react correctly to that.

Either c-bet/shove or check/shove on him in that spot, it's unlikely he has either a set or a made flush, so if he wants to get all-in with a worse draw it's fine by you. Even if he has a made flush or a set you still have decent equity, but you need to get the money in on the flop with two cards left to come.

Hope it helps.
    • pokerluzer27
      pokerluzer27
      Bronze
      Hello,

first of all thanks for advises.

So am I understand correctly, here the best move would be a Check at Flop and if he raises a moderate, I push all-in?

I was thinking he has a big pocket pair TT+ this is why he is prtecting so strong.