sweat session!!!

• archicat007
      archicat007
      Bronze
      OMG, it sounds so gay...."sweat session".
      sorry guys. it was just a joke. i had to make a joke 'cause i'm so f***ing angry and try to cheer up myself. i lost 40$ in the past few days playing 10/20 cent FL-FR. i really don't know what's happening. am i playing really bad, lady luck want's to f*** my ass or both!? really have no idea.

i read the articles, watched the videos, posted hands on forum. i tryed all sort of things. maybe i'll try some voodoo also :D still loosing.
      so i want to try some sweat sessions also.

first of all, something about me: i started playing from scratch 6 weeks ago and still trying to beat 10/20 cent. i play on pokerstars usually 3 tables.

so, if anybody wants a sweat session (soo gay :D ) with me i would really appreciate it.

thank you.
  • 17 replies
    • arthurhess
      arthurhess
      Bronze
      Dude, i'm sorry for saying that, but ... how about play only one table?

I don't know more than you do (i'm on NL10**** :D ), but IMO your variance is higher when you play lots of tables at same time (you can win more, but you can also lose more -- and, since u r prolly on a downswing, ... well, i think u got the point)

I also think u should just keep playing solid and on the long run ur gonna leave the micro-hell :D

C you at tables! (if u play at FTP, im arthurhess there!)

Edit: now i see, u play at PS... so, cya on forum :rolleyes:
    • archicat007
      archicat007
      Bronze
      first of all i have to make an update.
      my BR is soooooo f***ing down that i have to play 5/10 cent.
      but if there is still someone who wants to make some sweat sessions, i'm here.....

@arthur: i understand what u mean, but i think i can manage 3 tables at the moment..... ;) at one moment i went down to less tables when i wasn't able to handle it.

p.s.: if someone is interested, we can set the details later on...date, time, ways of comunication etc.
    • arthurhess
      arthurhess
      Bronze
      Originally posted by archicat007
      first of all i have to make an update.
      my BR is soooooo f***ing down that i have to play 5/10 cent.
      but if there is still someone who wants to make some sweat sessions, i'm here.....

@arthur: i understand what u mean, but i think i can manage 3 tables at the moment..... ;) at one moment i went down to less tables when i wasn't able to handle it.

p.s.: if someone is interested, we can set the details later on...date, time, ways of comunication etc.
      wanna say just one thing: I know u can manage 3+ tables xD i'm just blaming the bad luck... :D :D cya
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      I have some sort of a stupid question... Is it possible to play bad fixed limit?! I mean, you have the starting hands chart, you respect it. You put a limit on players/flop when selecting tables of let's say 30% and respect it. Once you are on the flop/turn you calculate your odds and act accordingly.

The only things that you can do bad is losing a few big bets if you're not careful how and when you bet (and call). Maybe more than a few if the pot is huuge. :D In NL if you made a mistake you usually wasted your whole stack. If you made big one you usually just wasted one stack+your profit of around one stack.

Anyway, archicat, cause it sounds totally gay i won't do sweat sessions with you but i can recommend you to read this book: Small Stakes Holdem by Ed Miller, David Skalansky, Mason Malmuth.
    • archicat007
      archicat007
      Bronze
      i don't know what to say, but i don't think it's only bad luck.
      and about the "gay" part, i was saying that it's a joke.
      and looking at your name it seems that u are romanian. so am i.
      maybe u change your mind about those sweat sessions. ;)

ty.
    • kennyxx
      kennyxx
      Bronze
      Originally posted by andreibalint
      I have some sort of a stupid question... Is it possible to play bad fixed limit?! I mean, you have the starting hands chart, you respect it. You put a limit on players/flop when selecting tables of let's say 30% and respect it. Once you are on the flop/turn you calculate your odds and act accordingly.
      Sorry, but did You ever played FL? There are no charts for NL and SnG's? :s_confused:

archicat007: that book is good, but all You need for start is in the articles here. Join the coachings, watch videos, keep posting hands and You'll be fine.
      GL at the tables :)

Contact me via community page ;)
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      Is it possible to play bad fixed limit?!
      it's more than just possible, virtually everyone is doing it.
    • Irooz
      Irooz
      Bronze
    • archicat007
      archicat007
      Bronze
      hi Klee90,

for the moment i have money only on stars, but still trying to make enough money to put some in my account on titan also 'cause my stars account is not tracked by pokerstrategy.
      we'll keep in touch in the meantime. today i had a very good session and let's hope it'll work to boost my BR to move some to Titan.
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      Kind of stupid question indeed but i just feel it's somewhat less likely to play bad. Of course nobody is playing optimal but your opponents have less tricks to use than in NL. (or do they?) The game is somehow more clear. Or maybe i argue about a stupid matter just for the sake of arguing. :f_biggrin:

--- Salut omule. Nu stiu ce sa spun in legatura cu sesiunile de "transpiratie" pentru ca nu am foarte multa experienta, cred ca am sub 5000 de maini de limit. Dar incepe sa-mi placa si joc cat pot de mult. ----
    • archicat007
      archicat007
      Bronze
      salut andrei,

nici eu nu am prea multa experienta evident. am doar 20k maini jucate pana acum si nici un fel de experienta legata de sesiunile astea, dar sunt dispus sa o incerc si p-asta.
    • archicat007
      archicat007
      Bronze
      sorry guys for speaking our native language......ugachaka :D

i was telling andrei that i don't have to much experience w/ FL and seat sessions olso. in FL i have only 20k hands played until now. so, i'm a newbie.
    • martizzo
      martizzo
      Bronze
      write me on skype maybe we could organize something.
    • Irooz
      Irooz
      Bronze
    • irregularity
      irregularity
      Bronze

Anyway, archicat, cause it sounds totally gay i won't do sweat sessions with you but i can recommend you to read this book: Small Stakes Holdem by Ed Miller, David Skalansky, Mason Malmuth.
      I have this book, a lot of good stuff in it, but I found it very hard to read as I thought it was very dry. Just my opinion.
    • archicat007
      archicat007
      Bronze
      @klee - i have an skype id "archi_cat".

@irregularity - i downloaded the e-book and just started to read it and yes, it seems dry but if u want to learn, maybe its agood book. i'll see.
    • SalamiandCheese
      SalamiandCheese
      Bronze
      Yeah, that book's pretty much the FL low-limit bible and yeah, it's not exactly an exciting read. If you want excitement pick up a copy of Skalanky on Razz, the plot twist is killer!