What do you think about this?

• Cawo
      Cawo
      Bronze
      I have played some hands also on 0,5/1 but lately I mostly play 0,25/0,50. And I have just find out that I'm playing better on 0,5/1 and the game is also more legitime than on 0,25/0,50. On 0,25/0,50 limits I don't do any progress just hanging around zero profit. I make 10$ profit in one session and lose it all on another session. But on 0,5/1 I make constant profit. I know that I don't have enough big bankroll for 0,5/1 but I don't want to play on some weird limits like 0,25/0,50. I would prefer to go back on 0,15/0,30 than play 0,25/0,50. What is your opinion about that?
      So is it true that those limits are weird or is it only my opinion?
  • 5 replies
    • Blinzler
      Blinzler
      Bronze
      if you feel you cant make profits on 0,25/0,5 than move down again, but DONT move up without sufficient bankroll!!!!
      However, it would be important over how many hands you are now playing break even, anything less than 5k is of absolutely no significance and everything below 20k is very very meaningless.
    • Cawo
      Cawo
      Bronze
      Thank you blinzler. You gave me hope about this limits again. I have sample of 6000 hands on this limits and am on brake even point.
    • Ulek
      Ulek
      Black
      6k hands cannot describe a limit. There are good players who play break even in 50k hands. Its all part of the big variance in poker. If you play a limit long enough you will experience many upswings and downswings and breakeven times there that last much longer than 6k hands. I play 6k hands in 2-3 days and i am often breakeven or down after such a period. Your 0,25/0,5 time just happens to start with playing breakeven. There are other times coming for sure. So dont give up hope and keep playing according to the BRM.
    • Cawo
      Cawo
      Bronze
      Thank you. Really.
      I will still play on 0,25/0,50 but when all goes wrong and I don't get my flush draw 10 times, others get their every single time against me I lose my patient. That is why I wrote this post in the first place. Thanks both of you again.
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      I can feel with you.. I think everyone can if he remembers his first limits. With time everytime in the past looks so irrelevant... I nearly gave up in my 23k breakeven period just because I didn't knew it better.. but everyone I asked said that this is normal and I weent on.... now I look at it and see how less I knew... The upswing wil come... just post a few hand in which you are unsure to make you feel better with the knowlegde that the upswing will be very nice :)