This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Which is a faster way to earn FTP's?

• purpleshoes21
      purpleshoes21
      Bronze
      Hello,

Which of these two options would allow me to accumulate FTP's more quickly? Will the difference be very big?

1) $2+$0.25 9 player turbo sit & go's (6 at a time, playing in sets)

2) $0.01/$0.02 9 player ring games (9 at a time)

• 7 replies
    • MikeB570
      MikeB570
      Bronze
      I believe the sngs as you will be making about 10.5 FTP. (7 FTP per dollar rake paid)

For the cash games you get 1 FTP per dollar paid in rake (i think?) meaning you would need to pay $10.50 to get the same amount of FTP. At NL2 i don't think you're going to pay that much even in an hour so I think the sng's are your best bet.
    • purpleshoes21
      purpleshoes21
      Bronze
      Ok, thanks. Would it be true that at all limits, one will generate more FTP's playing $x+0.x 9 player turbo sit and gos (6 table sets) than NLx 9 handed (9 tables at a time)?
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      im trying to figure out the maths for my play too.

1) 6x NL10 BSS FR tables

2) 6x $6.50 SnG Turbo sets

think from my rough calculations the Turbo SnGs are going to give me more FT points.

the trick will be catching the happy hours
    • purpleshoes21
      purpleshoes21
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lessthanthreee

the trick will be catching the happy hours
      Do happy hours count towards the "Biggest Bonus Ever"?
      Also, can I use FTP's without taking away money from this bonus?
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      Originally posted by purpleshoes21
      Do happy hours count towards the "Biggest Bonus Ever"?
      Also, can I use FTP's without taking away money from this bonus?
      I think happy hours count. I havent seen anything saying they dont, but i havent seen anything saying they do... so im just assuming they do. seeing as the bonus is calculated on FTP points and not rake.

I dont know how the use of FTP points affects the bonus, but i dont think it should affect it. once again im not completely sure on this one though
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      just did some testing on my situations, thought it might be useful for others.

1) playing continuous $6.50 turbo SnG's generated me approx 38 FTPs/hr

2) playing NL10 BSS 6 tabling generated me approx 45FTPs/hr

going to see whether NL10 SSS 9 tabling is > both these tonight.

10% down approx 9 hours to go woot
    • MikeB570
      MikeB570
      Bronze
      I'm pretty sure that happy hour does not count towards your bonus, but I'm not positive.

As for you lessthanthreee, your's may be a little closer as you are only paying twice the rake for the SNG's but you are playing for 5x as much money in the ring game. Know what I mean?

Your best bet is probably playing ring games for an hour and seeing how much FTP you get and then playing 2 sets of SNG's (or however many you get in an hour) and seeing what's better.

EDIT: Didn't see you posted, SSS should not really make a difference as you get FTP for every hand you are dealt, even ones you fold preflop.

I've actually been shortstacking NL25 to clear it.