This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

My Road to Poker Profits

• PsychoFin
      PsychoFin
      Bronze
      Hey there fellow poker enthusiasts!

I've been dabbling in poker a few times in the past and most recently in April this year. Then I stopped and started again this month when I heard about PokerStrategy :D

I will primarily play SnGs as I really do enjoy these immensely. I would one day however, like to have a look at SSS, but for now I want to get good at SnGs.

The tools I will use to try to make me into a more profitable player are:

SNG Wizard
      Hold'em Manager
      ICM Trainer
      SNG End Game Trainer and HU Trainer

I hate math, but I am willing to make an exception just so I can improve my poker play. I really suck suck suck at reading the other players at my table! It's SO hard. ARGH! But oh well, I will have to get better at it I guess...

EDIT: Updated goals

Goals for November (and the rest of October):

Build bankroll to 100$
      Study at least 10 tournaments a day with SNG Wiz
      Use ICM Trainer before each session and after each session

I will be playing on Mansion because I already had accounts on the other bigger sites.

Cheers,
      Fin
  • 3 replies
    • PsychoFin
      PsychoFin
      Bronze
      I haven't updated this blog for ages, but I was in the middle of getting my wife here and moving to a new apartment etc. Excuses I know, but oh well, now I am back :D

The past days I have played a few 1$ SNGs @ Mansion. Before my night shift today I played two SNGs and placed 1st and 3rd. I will post a few questionable hands and also a graph later when I get home.

I am happy that I finally have time for poker again, so it's great! Also, my wife just passed the quiz, which means that I need to fix our desktop pc soon. One laptop isn't enough if you have two poker addicts in the household ya know!

Daily goals (Oct 24th) done:

:diamond: 4/4 tournaments reviewed
      :diamond: 4/5 tournaments played
      :diamond: 2 PokerStrategy articles read

Cheers,
      Fin
    • PsychoFin
      PsychoFin
      Bronze
      Howdie folks,

Today I did not play anything yet, just read all the bronze and basic articles yet again while at work last night/this morning. Woke up a while ago and am slowly getting ready for the Mansion 5000$ Guaranteed.

I will only have time to play this tournament as I need to work a night shift tonight too, but I will make up for my lack of SNGs in the following days ;)

Daily goals (Oct 25th) done:

:diamond: 5/2 Articles read
      :diamond: 5/5 SNGs played:
      code:
      1st: 0
      2nd: 2
      3rd: 0
      4th - 10th: 3

:diamond: 0/5 SNGs reviewed

EDIT: I played a few SNGs because I busted early in the Mansion tourney.

Today: - 1$
      BR: 53.57$
      Good luck @ the tables!

Cheers,
      Fin
    • PsychoFin
      PsychoFin
      Bronze
      Played 4 SNGs yesterday, felt pretty crap afterwards.

Daily goals achieved:

2/2 articles reread and studied
      4/5 SNGs played:
      code:
      4th - 1
      5th - 2
      6th - 1

0/4 SNGs reviewed

My father will come visit us today, so I don't think I will be able to play any poker in the next week.

Cheers,
      Fin