My Road to Poker Profits

• PsychoFin
      PsychoFin
      Bronze
      Hey there fellow poker enthusiasts!

I've been dabbling in poker a few times in the past and most recently in April this year. Then I stopped and started again this month when I heard about PokerStrategy :D

I will primarily play SnGs as I really do enjoy these immensely. I would one day however, like to have a look at SSS, but for now I want to get good at SnGs.

The tools I will use to try to make me into a more profitable player are:

SNG Wizard
      Hold'em Manager
      ICM Trainer
      SNG End Game Trainer and HU Trainer

I hate math, but I am willing to make an exception just so I can improve my poker play. I really suck suck suck at reading the other players at my table! It's SO hard. ARGH! But oh well, I will have to get better at it I guess...

EDIT: Updated goals

Goals for November (and the rest of October):

Build bankroll to 100$
      Study at least 10 tournaments a day with SNG Wiz
      Use ICM Trainer before each session and after each session

I will be playing on Mansion because I already had accounts on the other bigger sites.

Cheers,
      Fin
  • 3 replies
    • PsychoFin
      PsychoFin
      Bronze
      I haven't updated this blog for ages, but I was in the middle of getting my wife here and moving to a new apartment etc. Excuses I know, but oh well, now I am back :D

The past days I have played a few 1$ SNGs @ Mansion. Before my night shift today I played two SNGs and placed 1st and 3rd. I will post a few questionable hands and also a graph later when I get home.

I am happy that I finally have time for poker again, so it's great! Also, my wife just passed the quiz, which means that I need to fix our desktop pc soon. One laptop isn't enough if you have two poker addicts in the household ya know!

Daily goals (Oct 24th) done:

:diamond: 4/4 tournaments reviewed
      :diamond: 4/5 tournaments played
      :diamond: 2 PokerStrategy articles read

Cheers,
      Fin
    • PsychoFin
      PsychoFin
      Bronze
      Howdie folks,

Today I did not play anything yet, just read all the bronze and basic articles yet again while at work last night/this morning. Woke up a while ago and am slowly getting ready for the Mansion 5000$ Guaranteed.

I will only have time to play this tournament as I need to work a night shift tonight too, but I will make up for my lack of SNGs in the following days ;)

Daily goals (Oct 25th) done:

:diamond: 5/2 Articles read
      :diamond: 5/5 SNGs played:
      code:
      1st: 0
      2nd: 2
      3rd: 0
      4th - 10th: 3

:diamond: 0/5 SNGs reviewed

EDIT: I played a few SNGs because I busted early in the Mansion tourney.

Today: - 1$
      BR: 53.57$
      Good luck @ the tables!

Cheers,
      Fin
    • PsychoFin
      PsychoFin
      Bronze
      Played 4 SNGs yesterday, felt pretty crap afterwards.

Daily goals achieved:

2/2 articles reread and studied
      4/5 SNGs played:
      code:
      4th - 1
      5th - 2
      6th - 1

0/4 SNGs reviewed

My father will come visit us today, so I don't think I will be able to play any poker in the next week.

Cheers,
      Fin