Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $27,89
      BU:
      $39,13

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.68 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 8:heart: , 8:club:
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $1,00, CO folds, BU calls $1,00, 2 folds.

Flop: ($2,35) 2:heart: , 4:spade: , 5:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1,50, BU calls $1,50.

Turn: ($5,35) 9:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $3,75, Hero calls $3,75.

River: ($12,85) 6:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $6,00, Hero raises to $21,64 (All-In)

I didn't have any stats on him at the time, but from what I'd seen he was a decent player. I had see him float a lowcard board before which is why I called turn. My plan was to c/f river, but when the weakish halfpot bet came I just couldn't help myself. Ok spot to bluff?
  • 3 replies
    • mozartiano
      mozartiano
      Bronze
      Looks that you're running into a strong preflop hand.

JJ is my guess.

Your perceived hand in the flop is also too high, QQ - KK - AA.

But after you check the turn, it's more like 9T, 88-TT.

I'd folded on river. The only chance I could be afraid of you was a check raise in turn.

Thanks
    • Diedobal
      Diedobal
      Bronze
      Potcontrol & disguising hand on turn is fine. River cards sucks and I would muck as we only beat total bluffs, which happen very rarely on such low boards.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

It's probably not horrible if your goal is to confuse him, but i don't really see what he'll fold in that spot.

You decide to c/c the turn because you think he's floating, and then he bets half pot on the river. It's either a value bet or a cheap steal. If it's a cheap steal then just call and see if you're right, by raising you're bluffing him off the worse hand. If it's a value bet it probably comes from a hand strong enough that he will find a call against your funky line with those odds, he MIGHT fold TT if he's a bit scared but he'll probably call with anything better just because your play is intriguing, tags expect you to just barrel the 3 streets with something better than an overpair.

Hope it helps.