strategy points ?

• roadrunner1619
      roadrunner1619
      Bronze
      New member just wondering why I dont seem to be recieving any strategy
      points. I am playing on 888.com with my $50 starting capital just signed up 2 days ago have earned 18.3 towards my rewards status with 888 but no strategy points been playing pretty regular and figured I would have earned something by now. I read here in this forum something that lead me to believe points may only be updated weekly?? Not sure if that is correct tho, also I understand on 888.com that stradegy points come from rake $1 = 4 stradegy points Anyway I have bumped my starting capital up 3X and figured I woulda recieved at least $1 rake I want to be able to read more articles therfore need silver status asap. Wondering what the quickest way to earn points, I'm thinking you prolly earn more points in cash game than sit and goes because there would be more rake. Anyway if someone could clarify wtf that would be cool
      Also another thing I am wondering if you go broke from your starting cap and you re-deposit on the same account then you will still be able to earn points with pokerstrategy.com, correct. One more question if I dont exactly love the site I put my starting cap on is there anyway to get on another site that I have already had an account? Thinking new e-mail address will get you new account on any poker site, therfor it is possible.
      ps love this site wish I wish i found it a yr ago
      Thanks in advance :f_thumbsup:
  • 2 replies
    • roadrunner1619
      roadrunner1619
      Bronze
      Strategy points coming in now almost silver
      :f_thumbsup:
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Hey roadrunner1619,

Sometimes strategy points can take a while to update. This is usually because PokerStrategy is waiting for lists from various poker platform as they can be slow :D

You are correct that $1 = 4 strategy points. Im do not know which would gain you more SP but please remember that its only the rake you create that goes towards Strategy Points. You could probably ask this in the 888 poker platform forum: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/forum/board.php?boardid=1451

If you redeposit, or even deposit on a poker platform that is linked to PokerStrategy then you will gain points. It doesnt matter where or how you get the money, as long as the account is linked via a PokerStrategy code and on your profile page then you will receive points for playing.

You can only receive one starting capital. However after you have cleared your starting capital you can withdraw it and place it on another platform. If you already have accounts at platforms then you will not be able to receive strategy points as you will not have a linked account. And please remember on most/all poker platforms, having multiple accounts is against the terms and conditions and may result in your account being closed at the poker platform.

Best of luck, and have fun!

Regards,

-Jack