This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH 97s

• radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      Party Poker $25 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 212982
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

Hero (CO): $25.25
      BTN: $25.00
      SB: $33.05
      BB: $29.42
      UTG: $31.91
      MP: $25.00

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is CO with 9 :diamond: 7 :diamond:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1, BTN raises to $3.50, SB calls $3.40, 1 fold, Hero calls $2.50

Flop: ($10.75) 9 :club: J :diamond: 3 :diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, BTN bets $7.66, SB raises to $15.32, Hero ???
  • 2 replies
    • PetterG2
      PetterG2
      Bronze
      Don't call the re-raise pre. You're get horrible odds and you are investing more than 1/9 of your effective stack on a suited 1-gapper, which is not that strong. Your inplied odds is not good enough even vs 2 opponents.

You COULD go broke here. You are a little bit ahead against TPs/OPs, but I think SB has a set here 8/10 times here. He cold-calls a 3-bet pre, which he in my experience only do with 22-JJ here. With the min check/raises the flop I'm 95 % sure he got a set. IMO this is an easy fold.

If we assume BTN got QQ+, AdKd and SB a set we have around 26 % equity, which is not good enough even if we gets it all in vs both of them.

With stats/reads that SB capable of doing this with other weaker hands it could be profitable to go broke here vs 2 other players, but as I said I think he almost always has a set here. So vs unknowns I fold.

Hope this helps.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Preflop is a bit loose but you probably know that.

Postflop you get a hand that looks pretty but isn't really, you're either crushed or flipping against SB's range for raising there imo unless you got a read that he's insane. Given that you still have BU left to act, who c-bet 3-way on an ugly flop for his range, i think you're gonna get it in 3-way against an overpair and a set or a bigger flushdraw too often there for your hand to be good. I'd just cut my losses and fold, if SB had folded i'd jam it on BU.

Hope it helps.