Playing from the SB in unraised pots

• Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Hi folks

I am missing some pre flop hands I should be playing (VPIP approx 21% rather than ~24%.. PFR seems okay). So that's 3% of hands I'm not playing or 14% more hands I could be playing (excluding free plays from the BB... I don't know what %age this becomes)...... nevermind. :f_confused:

Anyway...

...I suspect at least some of the missed hands must come from completing the Small Blind in unraised pots (my fold SB to steal is approx 85% which is in line too) which I tend only to do with suited connectors or pocket pairs with 2+ limpers in the hand. I've pretty much tended to play bet or fold unless I think I can isolate a weak player with a marginal hand.

I've had it suggested to me that I should use the Bronze "Calling from the Small Blind" chart.

Comments? All welcome (except extremely derisive ones of course.. this means you gdjonline :f_p: .).
  • 8 replies
    • archicat007
      archicat007
      Bronze
      hi

sometimes i feel like the "Calling from the Small Blind" chart is too loose, but if want to play more hands, give it a try. ;)
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Thanks for the input archicat007 - anyone else?
    • kennyxx
      kennyxx
      Bronze
      Hi Waiboy,

with two limpers You are getting 3.5:1. You can call with suited one gappers as well. On some tables I'm completing with broadways or higher offsuited connectors. But only if players are able to pay me off once I hit good. Else I'm playing raise or fold. You are OOP whole hand.
      And about VPIP, I don't realy care about it. On stars, my VPIP is ~22, but on Party it was ~18. Level of players is different so the VPIP is.
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Thanks kennyxx :f_biggrin:

I have in the past used the Approx chart call w/o implied odds chart and calling when getting:

3:1 with suited connectors 54s+
      3.5:1 with suited 1 gappers 64s+
      4:1 with suited 2 gappers 63s+
      5.5:1 with any two suited and offsuit connectors 54o - JTo

For both the SB and BB. I stopped using it for both after reading the overlimping gold article but probably shouldn't have with regard to the SB play.

Perhaps this is the guts of it?

Also there are some hands that I should but haven't been over limping with (due to oversight) and this may also have something to do with the VPIP.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Waiboy

I have in the past used the Approx chart call w/o implied odds chart and calling when getting:

For both the SB and BB. I stopped using it for both after reading the overlimping gold article but probably shouldn't have with regard to the SB play.

Also there are some hands that I should but haven't been over limping with (due to oversight) and this may also have something to do with the VPIP.
      you station you xD

If I were playing FL I would prob call any 2 from the unraised SB

*runz*
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      Originally posted by Waiboy

you station you xD

If I were playing FL I would prob call any 2 from the unraised SB

*runz*
      Ok, some comments appreciated slightly less than others. :/ :f_p:
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Hi Waiboy,

there is a new chart in the approx charts:

http://de.pokerstrategy.com/forum/thread.php?threadid=34865

You should be looser with that. (Works as the bronze chart does.)

Another reason for a low VPIP/PFR at the lower limits imay be because more players call ahead of you (lowering your openraise) ad the fact that the high limits are more aggressive (higher 3-bet value and more opportunities to call in the SB/BB because of higher implied odds).
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Cool, thanks ciRith.. this will definitely help. :f_cool: