How much do I buy in for at $0.10/0.20 FL?

• pwned94
      pwned94
      Bronze
      Hi,
      I want to play some FL as I have had my greatest grinding success in the past.
      After reading the basic BRM article, it all makes sense. However, it doesn't also say how much to buy in for.
      So, the scenario. I have $55 and I am going to play .10/.20. How much should I be buying in for, and is there a rule I can use as I climb the limits?

Any help is appreciated.
      Regards
  • 5 replies
    • enemaze
      enemaze
      Bronze
      Actually according to BRM you're supposed to have 300 BBs, in this case 60$ to play 0.1/0.2 .
      Anyway, it doesnt really matter how much you sit down with, as long as you always have enough for 12 BBs, which is the maximal expenditure per hand. While browsing this forum i read a post that recommended 50 bbs, and that how much i buy in for ( it saves you the trouble of rebuying)
    • pwned94
      pwned94
      Bronze
      Originally posted by enemaze
      Actually according to BRM you're supposed to have 300 BBs, in this case 60$ to play 0.1/0.2 .
      Anyway, it doesnt really matter how much you sit down with, as long as you always have enough for 12 BBs, which is the maximal expenditure per hand. While browsing this forum i read a post that recommended 50 bbs, and that how much i buy in for ( it saves you the trouble of rebuying)
      Yes, I calculated $60 for 300BB too, but the basic guide still says to start playing .1/.2. I thought this was strange, but I am going to do it anyway because I want to follow the strategy, but you are right, it should be $60.

If anyone who wrote this knows why, I would be grateful if you could explain.
      Thanks
    • martizzo
      martizzo
      Bronze
      Well actually you can start with 250BB assuming that .1/.2 is easily beatable. if you fall to 200BB move down to .05/.1. Its all about BRM and downswing article. Read those two and have your own approach to the game. If you can move down levels with a problems so 250BB is no problem.
    • Vargan
      Vargan
      Bronze
      I buy in for 3x12 big bets (rebuy below 24 bets). You dont need more than 2x12BB (rebuy below 12BB), but I like the psycological aspect of it.

12 bets is the maximum ammout you can invest in any one hand in FL.
    • DarthBobo
      DarthBobo
      Bronze
      As said, it doesn't really matter as long as you always have 12 BB at the start of the hand.

The reason the articles say to start at 0.1/0.2 with 50$ is because apparently you pay less rake there compared to 0.05/0.1. Although... I'm not sure if that information is still correct and I wonder if it's valid for all sites.