Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $9,94
      BU:
      $10,22

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q:club: , Q:spade:
      MP1 folds, Hero raises to $0,40, 2 folds, BU raises to $0,70, 2 folds, Hero calls $0,30.

Flop: ($1,55) T:heart: , 3:club: , 4:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1,11, BU raises to $2,40, Hero raises to $6,51, BU raises to $9,52 (All-In), Hero calls $2,73 (All-In).

Turn: ($20,31) Q:heart:
      River: ($20,31) 3:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $20,31

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a full-house, queens full of threes (Qc Qs)
      BU shows two pairs, aces and threes (Ad Ac)

Hero wins with a full-house, queens full of threes (Qc Qs)

preflop : obviously i raise first in, but button reraises. his pfr is 6 (althought sample size is a bit small), but i gave him reraise range TT+, AKo, AKs at best (might be even tighter). against this range im 2% favourable, but i didnt want to flip, so i call.
      flop : i have overpair, which is good, but now i know what terrible mistake i did. preflop i was beated by AA and KK, now i have to add TT. he minraises me, and well, i tell myself what the hell, i reraise and call.

should i folded preflop or all in preflop ?
  • 3 replies
    • kwedaras
      kwedaras
      Bronze
      i now checked some info, and, please correct me if i am wrong, his reraise falls in statistic category as 3-bet ? his 3-bet value is 1.6, so his range in this situation is even tighter ?
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Yes it's a minimum 3bet, and even tho this statistic takes more time to converge then the PFR, currently it means that his range there is JJ+ against which you're already in bad shape, and if you 4bet him you'll likely be looking at KK+ only, which means going broke preflop is a bad idea.

Calling isn't that bad given the odds he gave you it's better than folding, it keeps JJ in the pot even tho it's gonna be hard to get value from this hand if overcards fall on the flop. You can even see that as a setmining call with implied odds if his range is as tight as you think it is.

On the flop leading doesn't make much sense to me, you're never gonna get a better hand to fold but you might spook the only hand you beat, JJ. Just check/call a bet and see if he slows down on the turn, which he might do with JJ and will certainly do with other stuff like AK if he happens to have that. If he bets again on a blank turn it's more likely that you're beat at that point, you might still be ahead of JJ but it's not gonna be worth finding out against this tight guy, muck it. Some people call two bets there before folding thinking that JJ will check behind on the river but i don't really like it, it's a committing call against JJ+.

Hope it helps.
    • kwedaras
      kwedaras
      Bronze
      thanks.