What am I doing wrong? SSS

• MikeB570
      MikeB570
      Bronze
      So I've been playing 8 tables at NL10 playing SSS. I started 2 days ago and have not had good results. I follow the chart pretty strictly, cbet the flop, give up if they raise/call. I haven't been stealing that much, pretty much only against other SSS'ers but can that really matter that much?

Here's my graph of the past two days:

A lot of the time I don't get action when I 3 bet nevermind just pushing over a raise. And even when I open raise it still seems like I don't get action. It seems like my AK's are never getting called by worse aces and my pairs are rarely called by lesser pairs.

Here is my graph of the only hands I'm playing, 77+, AJ+, KQ

So what am I doing wrong? It seems like the paying the blinds are what's preventing me from having any profit. Do I need to steal more often? Every orbit? Every other? If so, what tips do you have for that?

Here's my stats:

I see my Won $ at Showdown is low (57%). What range should that be in and what do I need to do to make it higher? Same with Won $ when saw Flop.

Another edit jeez: So I was wondering why my W$wsF was so low (38.7%), and wondered if I'm not Cbetting enough, but I'm Cbetting 83% of the time. Is that too much? Too little?

If any other stats would be useful let me know.

Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks
  • 7 replies
    • Alex147Eddie
      Alex147Eddie
      Bronze
      2700 hands is nothing. Play more and the profit will come.
    • MikeB570
      MikeB570
      Bronze
      Any comments on my stats or anything? I just started so I know I'm still doing something wrong or could be doing something better. :f_mad:
    • mafaz
      mafaz
      Bronze
      your vpip and pfr are way too low imho. should be 7/7 at least i think.
      And i think your cbeting too much. Try to cbet less vs unknown players especially if your out of position.
      And Won $ at Showdown is very good i would say you shouldnt worry about it.
    • mafaz
      mafaz
      Bronze
      5.8 vpip mean you play only 77+ AJs+ and AKo
      do you play KQs, AQo, AJo, KQo ? :D Dont think you dont but just checking :)
    • ShinShya
      ShinShya
      Bronze
      MikeB570,

Your hand sample is way to small. Sometimes I run even/bad over 30,000 hands. It's just the nature of SSing. I go up 10 or 20 buy-ins, then lose 10 or 20. It's just standard variance. Keep at it, follow the chart and advice here, you'll be fine.

Just FYI, you won't get a definitive win rate until you've played a few hundred thousand hands, without big changes to your game. What I mean by that is, you need to play that many hands, making the same decisions over and over. If you make major changes in your game, then you will need another big hand sample in order to see if it working or not.
    • dirtttttt
      dirtttttt
      Bronze
      I think starting with 8 table is a bit to much. I started playing 2 tables to learn and analize my game better. There is no need to play 8 table at the beginning. First try to understand how things work and add tables as you get more experienced so you don't play like a robot. Loosen up your range from late position , you can try to steal some blinds every now and then (depending on your opp). The elephant can help you put your opp on ranges.

I wish you the best of luck.
    • Meiffert
      Meiffert
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MikeB570
      Any comments on my stats or anything? I just started so I know I'm still doing something wrong or could be doing something better. :f_mad:
      If you don't get enough action, try to steal a bit more. If you are in late possition and noone entered the pot yet, you can openraise every pair, some more Aces (having the Ace yourself lowers the probability that someone behind you wakes up with a bigger Ace himself). Also 2 broadway cards are good for this (like KJ, KT, QJ).
      Another way of getting more action is to table select more carefully. Try to look for tables with higher players on flop. On these looser tables it should be easier getting more action.

Other than that I have no advice for you. It seems you play solid and just need to give in the volume. Even basic SSS should work on NL10.

Good luck