Medals or freeroll? Anyone have exp with the FR?

• ShinShya
      ShinShya
      Bronze
      Hello,

So I've just been getting iron man over and over, getting the medals, but now I think I want to try the tourney, but I have a few questions about the whole thing.

When is this monthly free roll?

how many people show for it?

Are there a lot of people who signed up but don't show up?

Thanks
  • 10 replies
    • advola
      advola
      Bronze
      +1

i understanded only that the freeroll are on the 2nd saturday of the following month
      example this month is in 8th...

and another Q: when is the regestration for the turnements opens..
    • advola
      advola
      Bronze
      Update:
      i now saw that i automaticly registerd for the freeroll
      so i gess they will be quite sum sitting out there
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      the freeroll reduces your rakeback, also the store bonus and FTPs. I believe the 26 and 75 tokens are rakeback free ... can anyone confirm this?

about the tourney it's supossed to be really soft , most of the players are either sitting out or cash game regs but not tourney players.
    • advola
      advola
      Bronze
      Update:
      i made last mounth bronze in iron man
      played the freeroll (bronze=10k freeroll)
      i finished 5th for 325$
      i allmost got a deal from everyone there when i was first
      in chips
      but lost 5th when my AKs faced AA ...
    • iamblueandurmine
      iamblueandurmine
      Bronze
      Originally posted by alejandrosh
      the freeroll reduces your rakeback, also the store bonus and FTPs. I believe the 26 and 75 tokens are rakeback free ... can anyone confirm this?

about the tourney it's supossed to be really soft , most of the players are either sitting out or cash game regs but not tourney players.
      Yeah tokens do not reduce from your rakeback as FT already take a cut of 2$ or 5$ from the 26$ 75$ token respectively.
    • FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Originally posted by iamblueandurmine

Yeah tokens do not reduce from your rakeback as FT already take a cut of 2$ or 5$ from the 26$ 75$ token respectively.
      Can I use the tokens in SnG or only in Tournaments ?
      If I don't play Tournaments , Can I register with a token and unregister for tournament dollars ?
    • sabo999
      sabo999
      Bronze
      Originally posted by FWKanobi
      Originally posted by iamblueandurmine

Can I use the tokens in SnG or only in Tournaments ?
      If I don't play Tournaments , Can I register with a token and unregister for tournament dollars ?
      Unfortuneately you must play with the $26\75 tokens, if you unreg you get the token back..you can use the tokens to buy into any tourney that is $24+2 but the only SnGs with a buy in o $24+2 are sattellites, although e.g. if you play the 9man Sat to the $750K Gtd, you can then unreg from it and get T$

Also, you can play the 90man KO which is $24+2 (this is what i use any tokens for) and in those youget $4 per KO so last time i played i busted in 14th or somethingb4 the money but still made $28 by busting 7people
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      ok this is how tournaments work, i have played both silver and gold:

second saturday of every month at around 15:00 ftp time you have the freerolls. usually you have something like 700 entries for silver and 180 places get paid. your rakeback is affected way less than what 180th pays. many people dont even show up.

try going to the tournaments page, check the completed tournaments and see last months' fields.

good luck
    • Agiz19
      Agiz19
      Bronze
      question!

i have achieved gold requirements in august and july but I have not recieved any medals despite i was opted in for this?? nor there is a ironman chip anywhere near my name.

please can someone explain it in human manor:)
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Agiz19
      question!

i have achieved gold requirements in august and july but I have not recieved any medals despite i was opted in for this?? nor there is a ironman chip anywhere near my name.

please can someone explain it in human manor:)
      Hi Agiz19,

You can check on your Cashier > My Promotions > Ironman page.

You do have to opt in and it will ask you whether you would like to receive bonus medals, go for the freeroll or opt out for the moment. Select medals/freerolls obviously.

There is a second preferences box on the bottom right hand side of this page which you can select/deselect showing your ironman chip next to your name.

If you still think that you should have qualified, but haven't received the medals yet, you would need to email Full Tilt's support team.

Best regards,

Bart