The Min-Bet, WTF???

• elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      Have you played against players that like to bet 1BB into XXBB sized pots?

Like i play on NL25 on Everest. Many players like to donk $0.25 into $3 or larger pots.

Isn't it such a bizarre move?

Well i guess the even more bizarre thing would be that, there are players who will give up their hands after this min bet. Even though the pot odds will be like 1:20 sometimes.

So in this situation what will you do if you were intending to contibet before his min-bet. Still make the usual contibet? Increase your contibet size? Just call instead? (I'm assuming of course here that you missed the flop.)
  • 4 replies
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Hey elhh82,

Yeah i see people do this a lot on NL10. I find it quite funny tbh. I think most the time it can be an actual strong hand and they feel a big bet will get you to fold. However other times they might hope you just have the check/fold button hit.

It also might be to stop people contibetting - people are more inclined to call than raise. Or they can just be random 3 barrel bluffs

The way you should look at a min donk really is like they are checking to you - if they do it then just treat it like you normally would if they checked and conti-bet. If they raise/minraise then you probs have to fold with nothing but if they call and min donk again and you have a weak mediocre hand then i would suggest calling if you think you might have outs to a better hand.

But yeah most the time you cant fold because of the pot odds, however it is annoying on the river when you completely missed, have K high, the pot is like 20bb and you have 1bb to call. I generally justify it as an info call :D

-Jack
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Just raise it if its not the river.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      ignore those stupid bets, also take note on who does that , 99.99999999999999999% chance he is a fish.
    • Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze
      He elhh82, to add to the previous posts:
      Even when you raise the min-bet on the flop, you will see they will make that stupid bet again on the turn quite often. If you have something, raise again ... they are stealing your value. You don't have to make a very big raise or anything, but just make sure you get your value. Sometimes it's better to raise again with nothing too, but that's a bit situation specific.

The only time you should worry is if all of a sudden they're betting big. Then they usually have a pretty strong hand.

greetz :s_grin: