[NL2-NL10] flush on the flop vs river all-in

• undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)        
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $9.25
      BB:
      $10.90

0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 7:heart: , T:heart:
      UTG folds, Hero calls $0.10, 7 folds, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.25) J:heart: , K:heart: , 8:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.10, BB calls $0.10.

Turn: ($0.45) 3:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.30, BB calls $0.30.

River: ($1.05) 6:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $10.40 (All-In), Hero raises to $8.75 (All-In).

Final Pot: $20.20

Very weird situation here , i get the flush on the flop and theres no other same color card coming till the river and the BB is going 10x potsize on me. What do i do ?:x I shouldnt have played that hand from that position anyway but i was kinda tired and got looser
  • 6 replies
    • boschman123
      boschman123
      Bronze
      first off all, imo , if u decide to play a "strange" hand from utg, bring it in with a raise. there is a change that u can steal the blinds then.

second, ur bet on the flop was way to small. ur giving BB odds to call with anything, even with a Ah (Qh) rag.
      also the turnbet is to small. if u had bet more on flop and turn, u will find out sooner if bb has a good hand.

u brought urself in a pickeled situation here.
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      the point is to play like that to cover my hand , if i am gonna bet in heads up more or less on the flop depending if i have a hand or not then everyone will figure out what i have. I had the 3rd best flush anyway , so there was no need to try to throw him out of the hand. question is if he has 1 of the 2 combinations out of 169 or whatever that beat my hand often enough to make my call bad.
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      test
    • Sleyde
      Sleyde
      Black
      Originally posted by boschman123
      first off all, imo , if u decide to play a "strange" hand from utg, bring it in with a raise. there is a change that u can steal the blinds then.

second, ur bet on the flop was way to small. ur giving BB odds to call with anything, even with a Ah (Qh) rag.
      also the turnbet is to small. if u had bet more on flop and turn, u will find out sooner if bb has a good hand.

u brought urself in a pickeled situation here.
      true!

throw it away preflop! bet more on the flop and more on the turn.

there is no point in covering your hand. your opponents wont even _try_ to guess your hand since they play so badly.

the bets should be stronger for two reasons:

a) your giving him the right odds if he as a higher flushdraw or even a set. you are making a mistake, he is making a correct call.

b) secondly, more important, most often he ll call a potsizebet as many times as your weak bet which makes the potsizebet logically way more profitable.
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      ok but suppose i make that play , and the pot is 2x than what it was at the current hand. What about the insane bet on the river?
    • Sleyde
      Sleyde
      Black
      call. the board isnt even paired. the only hands that beat you are a queen high or an ace high flush. you cant fold your made flush here. he wont even guess that you have a flush, he ll probably play a set the same way or, what i believe is also very likely, he ll just bluff from time to time.

there is no way you can fold here. you are going broke with this hand.