This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] flush on the flop vs river all-in

• undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)        
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $9.25
      BB:
      $10.90

0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 7:heart: , T:heart:
      UTG folds, Hero calls $0.10, 7 folds, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.25) J:heart: , K:heart: , 8:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.10, BB calls $0.10.

Turn: ($0.45) 3:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.30, BB calls $0.30.

River: ($1.05) 6:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $10.40 (All-In), Hero raises to $8.75 (All-In).

Final Pot: $20.20

Very weird situation here , i get the flush on the flop and theres no other same color card coming till the river and the BB is going 10x potsize on me. What do i do ?:x I shouldnt have played that hand from that position anyway but i was kinda tired and got looser
  • 6 replies
    • boschman123
      boschman123
      Bronze
      first off all, imo , if u decide to play a "strange" hand from utg, bring it in with a raise. there is a change that u can steal the blinds then.

second, ur bet on the flop was way to small. ur giving BB odds to call with anything, even with a Ah (Qh) rag.
      also the turnbet is to small. if u had bet more on flop and turn, u will find out sooner if bb has a good hand.

u brought urself in a pickeled situation here.
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      the point is to play like that to cover my hand , if i am gonna bet in heads up more or less on the flop depending if i have a hand or not then everyone will figure out what i have. I had the 3rd best flush anyway , so there was no need to try to throw him out of the hand. question is if he has 1 of the 2 combinations out of 169 or whatever that beat my hand often enough to make my call bad.
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      test
    • Sleyde
      Sleyde
      Black
      Originally posted by boschman123
      first off all, imo , if u decide to play a "strange" hand from utg, bring it in with a raise. there is a change that u can steal the blinds then.

second, ur bet on the flop was way to small. ur giving BB odds to call with anything, even with a Ah (Qh) rag.
      also the turnbet is to small. if u had bet more on flop and turn, u will find out sooner if bb has a good hand.

u brought urself in a pickeled situation here.
      true!

throw it away preflop! bet more on the flop and more on the turn.

there is no point in covering your hand. your opponents wont even _try_ to guess your hand since they play so badly.

the bets should be stronger for two reasons:

a) your giving him the right odds if he as a higher flushdraw or even a set. you are making a mistake, he is making a correct call.

b) secondly, more important, most often he ll call a potsizebet as many times as your weak bet which makes the potsizebet logically way more profitable.
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      ok but suppose i make that play , and the pot is 2x than what it was at the current hand. What about the insane bet on the river?
    • Sleyde
      Sleyde
      Black
      call. the board isnt even paired. the only hands that beat you are a queen high or an ace high flush. you cant fold your made flush here. he wont even guess that you have a flush, he ll probably play a set the same way or, what i believe is also very likely, he ll just bluff from time to time.

there is no way you can fold here. you are going broke with this hand.