[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH, 36s Freeplay

• Gamer135
      Gamer135
      Bronze
      No reads on the villain.

Cake Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (4 handed) - Cake-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

UTG ($18.55)
      Button ($21.28)
      SB ($15.56)
      Hero (BB) ($9.70)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3:club: , 6:club:
      2 folds, SB calls $0.05, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.20) 7:club: , 10:diamond: , Q:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.10, Hero calls $0.10

Turn: ($0.40) J:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.10, Hero calls $0.10

River: ($0.60) 9:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.20, Hero calls $0.20

Total pot: $1

It seemed to me that he was on some kind of draw -- most likely a straight draw seeing as not many clubs were left in the deck.

Since I wasn't drawing to the nuts myself, was check-calling to the river pretty much my only line here so long as he kept giving me sufficient odds to call like that?
  • 2 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Without more information i think it's fine to c/c, as these villains mostly call raises anyway and if he also has the flushdraw you don't really want to bloat the pot with your 6-high. Since he didn't bet much on the river he probably doesn't have it himself, you can also raise there for value.

If you knew villain better and could put him on another draw for sure, there would be merit to raising him on the way just so you could bluff the river with 6-high when the draws missed, but that could force you into a tough fold if you hit your flush and he shoves on you for your stack.

Hope it helps.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      SB could hold there a lot of hands, starting with Qx and ending starightdraws.
      I´d raise river for value 1$ and if he shoves then fold.
      He might call with two pair and straight and your hand is too good to just call him down