Players on PokerStars are ...

• DavidRadovanZelic
      DavidRadovanZelic
      Global
      Hi everybody i am new member, i joined this week and choose PokerStars. I have very simple question : What is the kinds of players who plays on micro and lower stakes, are they negligent or something else ? And for the last what is your tips to play against this players ?

Regards and good luck on the tables
  • 4 replies
    • LMOJ
      LMOJ
      Bronze
      It's the most popular poker room. Therefore, you will find a great variety of players. A number of dagerous sharks, but also lots of awesome fish. Your table selection possibilities are very big.

On microstakes you will always find 6-12 tables with a very high plrs/flop percentage, of more than 40 or at least more than 30. These are loose games you can enjoy, where you don't even need to play mega-solid poker to win.

The two more common player types are the ones who see a lot of flops yet almost always fold to a flop bet (so cbet them, and if they fight back don't think they're good enough to be "playing back after noticing what you're doing", they probably have something big this time, so don't pay them off), and the tighter players who on the other hand stack off very lightly after the flop (so "implied odds" becomes your favorite poker term, you can defeat them with basic set mining).

You must also identify and note the extreme "old school" calling station and maniac cases, as you will win big playing right against them, and also exploit the Short-Stacks Without Strategy, who are either suicidal enough to raise/push QJo from UTG or stupid enough to limp/call with low aces, suited connectors or small pocket pairs.

And more importantly, if you feel several players in the table are somehow outplaying you, look for easier tables inmediately, you'll find them for sure.
    • DavidRadovanZelic
      DavidRadovanZelic
      Global
      Ver good informations, this will help me. Thank you
    • LMOJ
      LMOJ
      Bronze
      You're welcome. Keep in mind though that I assumed you will be playing with a stack of 100 Big Blinds on No Limit, Full Ring games.

If one of these variables change (ie. you want to play the SSS, or play on 6-max tables) everything will be different. Your opponents may not see flops and then fold to your cbets or give you good implied odds that often.

Good luck at the tables.
    • chard01
      chard01
      Bronze
      TS find a tracker that will help improve your game.