Katavich's poker blog - BSS SH NL100&NL200

• Katavich

I'm Domagoj from Croatia, 19 years old student. I have joined PokerStrategy 1 year ago and that was my first touch with texas hold'em. I lost starting capital in few days :D , but after that I returned and started taking poker little more serious, so after that, I was playing NL25 SH BSS for half year and winning. I was winning enough for partying and similar staff, so I was satisfied with it. 3 months ago I decided to take poker more seriously and start winning big money, so at 5/5/2009 I deposited 550$ at Everest, and this is mine progress after that

Now I am playing NL100&NL200 at Everest, but there are only few tables available (and every has big waiting list) so I have moved 390€ at Poker Heaven 3 days before to try them (I have 490€ there now :s_cool: ). When I get used on their software I will deposit more $(€) there and play same limits there.

I have created this blog because of few things:
      :spade: To keep me away from tilting. I can't remember when I tilted last time except for yesterday (I was like cursed,couldn't win a hand, none of my AA won.. :( .)
      :heart: To improve my English :D (I know that my English sucks :D )
      :diamond: To keep me motivated for improving my Poker skills :s_cool:
      :club: To record my poker 'career' :D

I will try to update blog frequently and post any interesting hands.
      My poker related August goals are:
      :f_grin: get used to Poker Heaven software, and if I don't get used on cascaded tables, buy 21" monitor (I am playing on 15,4" notebook now)
      :f_p: Have big ptbb/100 on Poker Heaven at NL25&NL50 :s_cool:
      :f_cool: Watch any new video of BSS SH NL100+ and attend coaching

Non poker related goals:
      :f_ugly: begin study math (exam is in semptember)
      :f_thumbsup: have fun
  • 4 replies
    • niveaformen
      Not bad graph :D (brutala frajeru)

I hope it will continue raising...
    • Fongie
      Very nice winrate so far on NL100, hope you can keep it up =)
    • Kruppe
    • Katavich
      Yesterday was really bad day. First session was really good, I found few fish's and was up for 450$ on NL100 mostly. But on second session, I played NL200 mostly and in ~ 200 hands I run up 2 times with 2 pairs vs set, 1 time overpair vs set and lost with nutflushdraw at draw heavy board vs set, resulting yesterday with -200$ total. Today was breakeven day, got riverd 2 times vs fish so instead of 2BI up, I am breakeven :f_cry: , but most important thing is that I have reviewed my hands and that I have played all hands correctly, except for 1 :f_biggrin: :D .

There was 1 intresting hand played... :D

I have only 74.50 BB's because I lost 25 of them in last hand and you can't auto rebuy at Everest

Villain is 50/21/5.3/29, 3bet:18.2

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $1(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($74.50)
      BB ($158)
      UTG ($8.55)
      UTG+1 ($100)
      CO ($128)
      BTN ($24)

Dealt to Hero T:spade: A:spade:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $4.50, CO calls $3.50, fold, Hero raises to $19.50, fold, fold, CO calls $15

FLOP ($44.50) 9:club: 4:diamond: 7:diamond:
      Standard squeeze and flop that I didn't liked.
      I have 55$ left, and with his high vp$ip I am still good vs his range and almost all his better range (AT+,TT+) he would 3bet..My line can be bet/call, shove, check/fold or check/shove. If I bet he would fold any hand that I beat (and call with only better hands), he is fish but not stupid. He has aggression freq 65% and he always bluffs, so I decided for check/shove option to include all his bluffs in this hand.

Hero checks, CO bets $45, Hero raises to $55 (AI), CO calls $10

I hoped that he would bet smaller (~25) so that I have FE, but when he instant betted potsize, I was more certain that it is a bluff

TURN ($154) 9:club: 4:diamond: 7:diamond: 7:heart:

RIVER ($154) 9:club: 4:diamond: 7:diamond: 7:heart: 8:club:

CO shows A:heart: 3:heart:
      (Pre 32%, Flop 16.7%, Turn 13.6%)

Hero shows T:spade: A:spade:
      (Pre 68%, Flop 83.3%, Turn 86.4%)

CO wins $0.-50
      Hero wins $152

I probably wont play anymore today, have to learn for my exams (yea, I am learning now because I didn't learn almost anything whole year :P ), but I will play about 2 hours of poker every day :s_cool:

BR at Everest: 4700$
      BR at Poker Heaven: 513€