This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 KK vs harsh board

• Gabinr1
      Gabinr1
      Bronze
      Known players:
      SB:
      $7,21
      MP2:
      $5,98
      Hero:
      $8,65

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with K:club: , K:diamond:
      2 folds, MP2 calls $0,05, MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0,25, BU folds, SB calls $0,23, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0,60) 6:diamond: , 8:spade: , 7:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0,60, SB calls $0,60.

Turn: ($1,80) 5:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1,75, SB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1,80

I'm beat with any pocket pairs from 44 to 99 here.
      My train of thought was to protect on the turn to not come across a T high straight or to split the pot.
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      you can bet, but at that case I´d prefer betting 1,3-1,5 and folding to shove
      no need o pot, since it is not so likely that too many worse hands would call your potsize bet on the turn
      in general I´d just check back and sometimes call river bet
    • Gabinr1
      Gabinr1
      Bronze
      Thank you for the feedback Kaitz20, for all the hands. It's really useful and I appreciated.

With this occasion, I thank Maya and the other judges too, for the good feedback they give.

I'll keep posting here. I like evaluating my hands, it helps my game. :s_grin:

Cheers and Good Luck! :heart:
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gabinr1
      Thank you for the feedback Kaitz20, for all the hands. It's really useful and I appreciated.

With this occasion, I thank Maya and the other judges too, for the good feedback they give.

I'll keep posting here. I like evaluating my hands, it helps my game. :s_grin:

Cheers and Good Luck! :heart:
      ty for feedback
      I also started 2007 as beginner and learned a lot from forums.
      the more you think about different poker situations the better you get
      hope you can move up soon :)

And maybe this helps a little.
      Try to players at some kind of ranges. NL 5 it is quite difficult, but nevertheless you can make notes and observe how many hands they are playing. After that you can decide when to c-bet, when to double barrel, when triple barrel. What I´ve experienced a lot is overbetting and c/r turns
      It put often opponents on difficult decision, which means they would often fold better hand than I (ofcourse it is not reasonable to think that someone folds anything nl 5- but then you can take c/r turn as a made hands :) )