Stack
      UTG2:
      $22,07
      Hero:
      $10,63
      CO:
      $5,52

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J:diamond: , J:spade:
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0,10, Hero raises to $0,50, 2 folds, CO raises to $1,40, 4 folds, Hero calls $0,90.

Flop: ($3,05) 7:spade: , 6:diamond: , 7:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $2,00, Hero calls $2,00.

Turn: ($7,05) 6:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2,30, CO calls $2,12 (All-In).

River: ($11,47) J:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $11,47

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a full-house, jacks full of sevens (Jd Js)
      CO shows two pairs, tens and sevens (Td Ts)

Hero wins with a full-house, jacks full of sevens (Jd Js)

preflop : i was hesitating to call (dont have call20), and although his hand sample is a bit small, i decided to call, cause he is very agressive (3bet value of 5). i expected him to have 99+ AQ+.
      flop : here i dont think i played well. i thought about 2 lines : bet/call (although it should be bet/fold, but because hes reraising me for like 1-2 dollars i should be calling by odds, correct me if im wrong) and check/call. what i didnt like about bet/call is that hes so agressive, hes 99% gonna reraise me. and i didnt want to go broke with that hand at that time. check/call on the other hand gives me oppurtunity to lay down my hand on the flop, induce a bluff if hes missed (ak, aq), will be cheap also and i get information by his bet size. so hes betting 2dollars, i thought if he has strong made hand, he needs to protect it, he would be betting more, so i decided to call.
      turn : now i see that hes commited anyway, so im saving his and mine precious time and putting him all in.

so, is my play ok ?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

He has 50bb with 20/17 stats, his range there is probably wide enough for you to shove JJ preflop for 50bb.

As played if you just call preflop there is no way you're not going broke on that board. Since he's very aggressive and will likely c-bet, committing himself to the pot in the process, i think check/shoving is the best line.

Hope it helps.