[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Fr Qq

• kwedaras
      Known players:

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q:heart: , Q:club:
      UTG1 calls $0,10, UTG2 folds, Hero raises to $0,50, 5 folds, BB calls $0,40, UTG1 calls $0,40.

Flop: ($1,55) 7:diamond: , 2:diamond: , 4:heart: (3 players)
      BB checks, UTG1 bets $1,11, Hero calls $1,11, BB folds.

Turn: ($3,77) 9:heart: (2 players)
      UTG1 raises $3,39 (All-In), Hero calls $3,39.

River: ($10,55) A:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $10,55

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of queens (Qh Qc)
      UTG1 shows a pair of fives (5s 5h)

Hero wins with a pair of queens (Qh Qc)

preflop : i raise, i get 2 callers, UTG1 samplesize is not big, from stats he looked normal, but i saw him doing some stupid calls as i remember.
      flop : now hes donking into me. as i put him on weak player type, i thought he can have anything: flushdraw, 7x, overpair, monster hand. I didnt want to go broke on the flop, so i called. i see my mistake now, that i should have raised, cause of pretection.
      turn: hes all in, but i dont think that 9 could have helped him (only 99 hand), i started to tilt, cause i got in this situation and called thinking " take my money, take my money ".

So should i have put him all in on the flop ?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

Since he has a halfstack you're going broke anyway in my opinion, the only question is how.

Your line is fine if you think he'll bet again with worse hands on a blank turn but would fold those to a raise, but you can't fold on a blank turn ever once you decide to flat call there, so i like your call on the turn.

Against an unknown that seems rather tight at the moment tho, most people would just raise that flop and go with it, it's easier to play and you can't expect that guy to just spew off all his chips like he did when you see 12/9 stats.

Hope it helps.