This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Post flop strategy when defending big blind

• Yoghurt1973
      Yoghurt1973
      Bronze
      Hi,

In the bronze strategy section there is a great big blind defence chart.
      My question is, how to play post flop?
      I understand that we shouldn't eloborate in the length of days but i would appreciate some guide lines.

I post some of my own ideas and i hope you can give me a better advice.

As i believe you should check/raise frequently in the big blind (HU) and i quess you should check raise late raisers more than ep raisers.
      After a check raise you donk bet no matter what on the turn.
      If you 3betted preflop you c-bet too (of course)

When to check raise and when not?

Axx flop - No (people like Ax hands)
      Flop containing two broadwaycards like : KTx or JTx or KQ etc - No
      Unless you hit the board. (when to c/r and when to bet or call?)

For the rest check raise anything?!
      Execpt not when one suit is on the board and you don't have flushdraw
      and when there is a straight possible and you don't have that kind of draw either.

When there is no betting on the flop, i would like to donk the turn no matter what.

I also think you should be more agressive and value bet lighter then bronze strategy suggest.

Thanks for input and advice.
  • 3 replies
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      I dunno Yoghurt1973.. I prefer to protect my vulnerable hands, value bet when I think I'm ahead and play odds and outs with drawing hands.

I don't think C/R every non A or two broadway flops makes any sense. Without doing any maths, and only applying the strategy we've been given, I'm almost certain automatic plays like this are -EV. What happens if villian calls your C/R? Do you bet any turn? Do you fold to any turn? The real answer is playing your hand, the board and your equity v villians hand range.

If the villian has position and doesn't c-bet the flop it indicates they are likely weak, but flop textures will still dictate whether you can auto bet the turn.

I'm sure those with more idea than I will give it to you a little more straight forwardly than I have, but I suggest you read the articles and apply the PS.com strategy as it is pretty comprehensive and works well when properly applied.

Good luck! :f_biggrin:
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Hi Yoghurt1973,

I like your thoughts but your plan is way too aggressive (as Waiboy already said too).
      The players like to calldown a lot so you won't make them fold often enough.

Your plan would be good if you do this with made hands and draws for value and as a semibluff. (But then this is exactly our strategy. :) )
    • Yoghurt1973
      Yoghurt1973
      Bronze
      Okay, i have been browsing and reading some articles. I will only c/r with made hands, overcards, pairs and draws (also insidestr. + overcard(s) and/or backdoorflushes).
      Thanks guys.