[NL20-NL50] Nl20, Fr, Jj

• Baxter82
      Baxter82
      Bronze
      Unknown player.

I am holding JJ in the UTG2. I raise to 4BB, all players fold, CO calls, others fold.

Flop comes: 2 4 10

I bet 2/3 of the pot, villain calls.

Turn comes: 10

I bet 2/3 of the pot, villain calls.

River comes: J

I bet 1/2 of the pot, villain calls and shows QQ.

Have I made any mistakes? What about villain?
  • 3 replies
    • eszibit
      eszibit
      Bronze
      Seems like villain is a calling station so that is always good.He should of 3bet preflop and try to get it allin on flop/pre-flop.I think u could of shoved river and when the turn came I would of switched to way ahead way behind situation ..check turn,bet river on J .With what can he call you on the flop? 10-x , 22,44,overpairs ,depending on the player maybe 99,88,77 and these last three maybe fold on the turn bet so u don't get any value.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      villian is a fish, I would bet 3/4 pot on flop, 3/4 on turn, and shove river (our aim is to get the money in and stack off).

However, if the river wasn't a check, you might want to slow down your betting. There is a chance he would have a ten, and even calling stations may not call you down with a 2 or 4. QQ happens to be the top of his range, i believe he could easily call you down with 55-99 too since the two T which have appeared makes it less likely that you have it.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      villian is a fish, I would bet 3/4 pot on flop, 3/4 on turn, and shove river (our aim is to get the money in and stack off).

However, if the river wasn't a check, you might want to slow down your betting. There is a chance he would have a ten, and even calling stations may not call you down with a 2 or 4. QQ happens to be the top of his range, i believe he could easily call you down with 55-99 too since the two T which have appeared makes it less likely that you have it.
      +1