This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Nl20, Fr, Jj

• Baxter82
      Baxter82
      Bronze
      Unknown player.

I am holding JJ in the UTG2. I raise to 4BB, all players fold, CO calls, others fold.

Flop comes: 2 4 10

I bet 2/3 of the pot, villain calls.

Turn comes: 10

I bet 2/3 of the pot, villain calls.

River comes: J

I bet 1/2 of the pot, villain calls and shows QQ.

Have I made any mistakes? What about villain?
  • 3 replies
    • eszibit
      eszibit
      Bronze
      Seems like villain is a calling station so that is always good.He should of 3bet preflop and try to get it allin on flop/pre-flop.I think u could of shoved river and when the turn came I would of switched to way ahead way behind situation ..check turn,bet river on J .With what can he call you on the flop? 10-x , 22,44,overpairs ,depending on the player maybe 99,88,77 and these last three maybe fold on the turn bet so u don't get any value.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      villian is a fish, I would bet 3/4 pot on flop, 3/4 on turn, and shove river (our aim is to get the money in and stack off).

However, if the river wasn't a check, you might want to slow down your betting. There is a chance he would have a ten, and even calling stations may not call you down with a 2 or 4. QQ happens to be the top of his range, i believe he could easily call you down with 55-99 too since the two T which have appeared makes it less likely that you have it.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      villian is a fish, I would bet 3/4 pot on flop, 3/4 on turn, and shove river (our aim is to get the money in and stack off).

However, if the river wasn't a check, you might want to slow down your betting. There is a chance he would have a ten, and even calling stations may not call you down with a 2 or 4. QQ happens to be the top of his range, i believe he could easily call you down with 55-99 too since the two T which have appeared makes it less likely that you have it.
      +1