Poker rooms increasing conflictness ?

• AugustusCaesar
      AugustusCaesar
      Bronze
      Hi everyone,

I had a pretty long discussion with my friend about online poker rooms and he suggested, that the poker rooms actually increase the conflictness of hands to incearse average pot size and by that the rake .. That means that they do not actually make some players win or loose , the winning players will still be winning and the loosing will still be loosing, they will just adjust the dealt cards to make the pots bigger.

Any opinion on if that is possible ?
  • 10 replies
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Hi,

Funny one. Well it seems to me, that it is not difficult at all to program such an algorithm. If they actually do it??? Nah, dont think so.

Greetz,
    • Tuuletallaja
      Tuuletallaja
      Bronze
      Seems to me, that you and your friend doesn't really get it
    • AugustusCaesar
      AugustusCaesar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tuuletallaja
      Well I also do not agree with the thought that the poker rooms would do it .. But it is very easy to create an algorithm to do that, as Tampaloeres81 also pointed out and if the room can earn more money to the owner without hurting any of the players, why not ?

But I still dont think they would do it ..

Anyway, you could explain longer, not just say "Seems to me, that you and your friend doesn't really get it" .. That does not improve the discussion in any way IMO
    • whateverdude
      whateverdude
      Bronze
      That idea is retarded.
    • AussieIan
      AussieIan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AugustusCaesar
      Originally posted by Tuuletallaja
      Well I also do not agree with the thought that the poker rooms would do it .. But it is very easy to create an algorithm to do that, as Tampaloeres81 also pointed out and if the room can earn more money to the owner without hurting any of the players, why not ?

But I still dont think they would do it ..

Anyway, you could explain longer, not just say "Seems to me, that you and your friend doesn't really get it" .. That does not improve the discussion in any way IMO
      because it would result in mutli million dollar law suit WHEN found, and the possibility of jail time. It's just not worth it for the sites. The simple fact is, when hundreds of thousands (and sometimes more) hands are played everyday, encounters of big hands will happen. It's just that these seem to stick in peoples minds more than the run of mill hands.
    • Irooz
      Irooz
      Bronze
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      OMG, they've devised a genius system to earn more rake!!

It's called higher stakes.
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      im 100% sure pokerstars is rigged
    • shortfuse
      shortfuse
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AugustusCaesar
      Hi everyone,

I had a pretty long discussion with my friend about online poker rooms and he suggested, that the poker rooms actually increase the conflictness of hands to incearse average pot size and by that the rake .. That means that they do not actually make some players win or loose , the winning players will still be winning and the loosing will still be loosing, they will just adjust the dealt cards to make the pots bigger.

Any opinion on if that is possible ?
      even if you are correct it shouldn't matter:

winning players will more often than not be on the winning side

if we are all 'unlucky' then we are equally 'lucky' and rake is part of the game so deal with it
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Originally posted by Klee90
      Online poker makes millions per day
      And some of them still go bankrupt.