[NL2-NL10] NL50 A4s was turn push ok?

• Natasa74
      Known players:

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:spade: , 4:spade:
      MP1 calls $0,50, 4 folds, Hero calls $0,25, BB checks.

Flop: ($1,50) 9:club: , 3:spade: , 7:spade: (3 players)
      Hero bets $2,50, BB folds, MP1 calls $2,50.

Turn: ($6,50) 8:club: (2 players)
      Hero raises $8,14 (All-In), MP1 calls $1,96 (All-In).

River: ($16,60) 8:heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: $16,60
  • 2 replies
    • mbml
      you might want to avoid completing with marginal hands, but since you have suited ace its probably fine.

i dont like your overbet, potting it is sufficient. When villian calls you should expect to be behind already (any pair beats you). Look at MP1's WTS, its 38, and you are shortstacked. He will not fear your display of strength cause he is a calling station and will be willing to go broke vs you with bottom pair. Thus, your semi-bluff is not very profitable (only 15% chance of hitting your spade on river).

I will c/c turn and shove if i hit my spade
    • burek2000
      Hey Natasha74,

completing with a limper that can pay you off when you hit seems fine to me although for suited aces 2 limpers are prefered for completing SB.

As played, nutFD isn't considered monsterdraw thus should be played passively. That's even more important when you face such a loose calling station against which you cannot generate FE which is mandatory to make aggressive play of non-monsterdraws profitable. Just play according to outs and odds and get money in if you complete your draw.