This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl50 AQo was this gambling?

• Natasa74
      Natasa74
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $11,43
      BU:
      $49,25

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q:club: , A:heart:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $2,00, CO folds, BU raises to $4,00, 2 folds, Hero calls $2,00.

Flop: ($8,75) 5:heart: , 4:spade: , 2:club: (2 players)
      Hero raises $7,43 (All-In), BU calls $7,43.

Turn: ($23,61) 3:club:
      River: ($23,61) 7:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $23,61
  • 4 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      4betshove preflop, you are out of position and by calling you lose the initiative (as long as his 3bet% is more than 5% i think you can reshove)
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey Natasha74,

with only 29 hands and no reads villain is aggressive I would have folded preflop. min3-bet is often sign of a monster. So, if you believe you have equity against villain's 3-bet range, then shove preflop and fold otherwise. Calling will only lead you into trouble as you will have to play OOP and without initiative.

As played, I would c/f flop. Since villain is mostly unknown and doesn't look aggressive preflop so I would put him on AK/JJ+ and against this range you get 24.8% equity on the flop while you need 33% break even equity.

Regards,
      burek2000
    • Natasa74
      Natasa74
      Bronze
      Well i had a gutshot straight draw isn't this considered a made hand? We push according to SSS?! I agree with calling preflop, i should of fold it, min 3 bet is a monster in 95% imo.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      According to articles draws should be played as made hands, but only when you are preflop aggressor, in this hand you were not. Another thing, gut shot isn't considered a draw(at least not a draw you can play as made hand, you need 8+ outs to play your draw as made hand as preflop aggressor), but rather trash.

However, in my previous post I showed you your equity against opponent and you see you are behind against his range, besides you cannot expect to have any fold equity against him on such a flop, I don't think he folds AKo which is the only hand from his range he might.