very good player, but i even out the gap to 350k-350k or so
      than the opponent got disconnectid
      the blinds are 10k-20k with 2k ante

what would u do ??
      wait for him?
      raise him aout in 5 minits?
      the money is 140$ for 2nd place
      and 235$ for the first one...

i took the chance and grab the firs prize, but feeleng bit unfair...
      what would u do?
  • 23 replies
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Raise every hand as fast as possible, it's his problem, not yours.
    • eskojones
      eskojones
      Bronze
      Raise. His problem etc.
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      you should raise like a maniac. with a massive smile on yo face. he'd do it to you
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      When this has happend to me in the past I have just played slowly for the first minute or two... after that I've just gone for it.

I figure you give the guy a chance to reconnect rather than just raping them.

Having said this, I suspect I'm in the overwhelming minority on this point.
    • Theman365
      Theman365
      Bronze
      I think you should do what you want to do. No one will come to blame you if you do it in the one way or the other way. 95 dollars would be enough for me to start stealing as fast as I can. But if I manage to get most of his stack and he should reconnect and I would still lose...
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      If you're worried about ethics, stop playing poker right now.
    • SweetCamil
      SweetCamil
      Bronze
      Hi Jazzy8James

It happen to me twice, first in PartyPoker $1 9 seat SnG. Next is the freeroll of Betraiser.

Don't feel bad about it, just raise him until he comes back. :]
    • phpps
      phpps
      Bronze
      i agree with berzerger, the only ethics involved in poker is not splashing the pot but when it comes to online poker the program takes care of ethics, all that is left up to you is to make money the best way possible.
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      if you play for the money, blind him off, and if you are rich/gambling/playing for fun, the wait for him
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      There are no ethics in poker

There is just integrity, thats about it.
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Silver
      seriously. you're both in it for the profit. if you don't raise as fast as your chubby little fingers possibly can, then you got waay to much money or waay to much sympathy with someone who would probably steal your entire bankroll if he got the chance
    • p0kerdragon1
      p0kerdragon1
      Bronze
      You entered the tournament to win the first place, and you won't play against him in your whole life, and if you do nobody is going to remember that game.

Also, if you keep raising he will blame the connection or whatever it failed, not you. When reconnected he will just see how his stack dropped.

I've made that in a tournament in Heads Up, player reconnected and I won as many as BB as I could and he didn't say a word.

Another occasion in late tournament with less than 9 players, a tight table, I raised every time when he was on the blinds until they notice he was disconnected, after that played marginal hands against him. He returned to be eliminated.

I would do it again. :s_biggrin:
    • SweetCamil
      SweetCamil
      Bronze
      Originally posted by phpps
      the only ethics involved in poker is not splashing the pot
      There's a lot poker ethics more than that, but the weirdest poker ethics I read is don't slow play if you got the nuts.
    • bakoy
      bakoy
      Bronze
      This happened to me, HU of a $2 tourney, difference between first and second was about $40. The guy went for a smoke during the break and took to long to come out.

I raised as fast as I could, and got QQ and AA one after the other. 1 min later he got back and I lost an allin and came in second. lol
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      Raise every hand as fast as possible, it's his problem, not yours.
      +1
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SweetCamil
      Originally posted by phpps
      the only ethics involved in poker is not splashing the pot
      There's a lot poker ethics more than that, but the weirdest poker ethics I read is don't slow play if you got the nuts.
      Slowplaying has nothing to do with ethics, maybe you meant to say slowroll?
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Omg your all so heartless.

But ya i would probs wait a couple of mins and then raise like crazy - like they said, his problem not yours. He may not like you for doing it but he cant do anything about it.

Actually i wouldnt wait i would just raise raise raise ^^

-Jack
    • shortfuse
      shortfuse
      Silver
      ask yourself this:

what would the +ev play be?

edit:
      if you want get fancy, ask yourself this:

would the satisfaction gained from the extra cash-in be worth my short-long term loss from guilt?
    • nafar84
      nafar84
      Bronze
      Happened to me as well. We were about even stacks HU and I started stealing but with the intention of shipping it back if he reconnects. He did reconnect and I offered to give it back. I don't know why I did it... but I still raped him anyway and ended up winning :s_cool:

If there were other players still involved though, then clearly giving it back would be chip dumping and unfair to them... so I wouldn't do it then.

Come on guys... if you believe there is absolutely no place for ethics in poker then would you routinely slowroll as well? It can definitely be argued as a +ev move because it will make many opponents tilt... so why not grab the free money?