Stacks:
      UTG ($26.21)
      Hero (UTG+1) ($25.00)
      CO ($24.50)
      BTN ($25.84)------15/15/inf 3bet=0 (50)
      SB ($11.46)
      BB ($25.00)

Pre-flop: ($0.35, 6 players) Hero is UTG+1 J:spade: J:club:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $1, 1 fold, BTN raises to $3.25, 2 folds, Hero calls $2.25

Flop: T:spade: 7:spade: K:spade: ($6.85, 2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: 3:spade: ($6.85, 2 players)
      Hero bets $4, BTN folds

JJ, too strong to fold, not so strong to 4bet.
      But in general, oop its still fold or 4bet/call dessision, cuz i cant call for set value, right?
      How played, when he checks behind on the flop, im sure hes not have high spade in his hand so im going broke on the turn when i hit my flush.
  • 5 replies
    • eszibit
      eszibit
      Bronze
      On the turn i think it's bet/fold. Sometimes he flopes the flush and checks behind to let you get there. The call preflop it's pretty risky,you should make it if u have more info on villain because if u hit a low flop then u want to get it in and he can easily have QQ+ which could of been avoided if you folded preflop.And if there is something like Axx it's very hard to play especially OOP.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I don't mind the preflop action, you've gotta do something other than folding sometimes even out of position, there are still spots where you can take the pot down postflop. If you find yourself leaking money a lot there then maybe take eszibit's advice, but it makes your game really exploitable.

Postflop i like check/calling on the flop and check/calling again on the turn when he checks behind. The reason is i think he'll fold anything that doesn't have a spade on the turn, and we have no reason to believe he could show up there with a worse spade than ours. Ts is on board, he's no 3betting 99- preflop, he would have bet the naked As on the flop, and the Qs beats us. I think the only value you get there is of him trying to bluff that 4-spade board once you check twice.

I would bet/fold that turn with no showdown value tho, for the same reasons.

Hope it helps.
    • mrxLT
      mrxLT
      Silver
      check/check flop
      turn:
      hero checks, villain bets 4.5, hero calls 4.5
      river:
      hero checks, villain bets 10, hero?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mrxLT
      check/check flop
      turn:
      hero checks, villain bets 4.5, hero calls 4.5
      river:
      hero checks, villain bets 10, hero?
      I think you can fold then
      he shouldn´t bet too often with worse hand
      I would also lead turn, it is imo easier to play, than starting calling him down
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Against a looser player or somebody i knew was good i would call that river too after having shown such weakness.

Against that guy that seems so straightforward i'd probably give him QsQx and pitch it, it's more likely that he played some hand conservatively rather than for him to be doubling there as a bluff.

Hope it helps.