This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Heelia's 5$ challange + SnG|MTT Blog

• heelia
      heelia
      Bronze
      Hello everybody! My name is Jan and I would like to introduce myself a bit. I'm almost 20 years old young man and I really enjoy this site since I have registered here. I study in Brno, Czech Republic, at the college IT faculty, closer it's computer graphics. I love playing poker (ofc), but I enjoy playing basketball with my friends, dancing (especially latino) and parties too ;)

I can say I have tried almost every type of poker (FL/NL FR/SH, PLO, PL/NL HiLo) and I have to say every type gave me something. My attitude to poker is that everyone can improve himself/herself in play. For me the key in poker is self-discipline and patience. That's very difficult for some players, especially for the beginners.

Why I have created this blog? I would like to share "my starting poker career" and receive some feedback ofc ;) . I would like to protect myself from tilting and play my A-Game as I was always trying.

Two days ago, I successfully cleared the 50$ First Deposit bonus on Pstars (Ye, I know it's middle of the year, but I have not so much time be4 because of the school) and yesterday I managed to clear the 2500TP on Titan, so I am finally able to withdraw TAF money when I want to. I have withdrawn today all of my money from PStars except 5$.

I want to move to FullTilt and deposit for the full 600$ bonus so I have to grind for about 150$ now (got about 450$ ready for the transfer). As I have sport injury (broken leg, I can't go anywhere for about week), I have decided to do such challenge. I will try to turn this 5$ on Pstars to 150$ or maybe more in 1month, 2months, who knows? :) I have to say I'm not such crazy grinder as boku87 or miskokvo from PS, but I just want to test myself.

I will try to post my success every 2 days, I'll start playing 360 man turbos 0.10$ - players here are really horrible. Then with proper BRM I can continue. I can play freerolls (we have every Sunday 300$ Regional and every 2 days 100$ Regional due to CzechSlovak PokerTour).

Here is the summary:
      :spade: Turn 5$ into some nice cash
      :spade: Move to FullTilt and clear the Bonus
      :spade: Pick another room and clear the bonus
      :spade: Move back to PStars and start with micro MTTs

Unfortunately my Pstars account is not tracked, so I really looking forward playing on FullTilt (rakeback ftw! :) ). Good luck at the tables and see ya!
  • 9 replies
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Hey heelia,

Nice start to your blog - i will definately keep an eye on this. I like this $5 into xxx challenges so good luck!

-Jack
    • heelia
      heelia
      Bronze
      Had about 2 multitable sessions today, I was doing 0.10$ 360 turbos as I wrote, about 15-18 tables in both sessions. I had some good spots in 1st session, but unfortunately I cashed only for the amount I have payed for the registration. Second session was kinda better, and even I made some small mistakes, I'm up a bit. Cashed in 20 FPP NL 1000$ too, for about 0.70$. As far as I'm happy with my progress, it may not seem a lot...

BR: 9.99$

Good luck at the tables! Jan
    • Pincell
      Pincell
      Bronze
      Hey heelia,
      interesting blog, I'm definitely going to read it.GL.

If you are interested in some conversation about hands or poker in general write me PM. I study in Brno too :f_biggrin:
    • heelia
      heelia
      Bronze
      I had two sessions today, both about 15 tables. I was pretty successful and I'm happy to share my success with you. I experienced few suckouts too, but as I have learned - in longterm my A-game will be profitable. Still grinding the 0.10$ 360man turbos - I know that is not much, but I can say I feel pretty good play against "such players". It's an example, that not everyone knows how to play and it really helps me, even I have a suckout - I always say to myself I'm better player and it really helps me ;)

BR: 25.03$

I'll try to play more in the next few days! ;)
    • Huseens
      Huseens
      Bronze
      I will keep an eye on this blog. :) I have similar story, but I started with 2$ and now my bankroll is 7$. Not much, but I don't play much on Stars for now.
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      Wow man, 1.place in two of them in 1 day? =) Sounds like great performance to me, no matter what the players are like ;)

Im looking forward to see you on some higher stakes =) Keep it up ;)
    • cojonel
      cojonel
      Global
      seems to be an intersting blog keep going on ;)
    • heelia
      heelia
      Bronze
      Hello every1! I've played today about 3 sessions (15, 18 and 20tables), first one was not lucky, even I got tables with huge stack -> lost due to few suckouts. Second was better, I was up for about 3$ (placed 3rd in one). In the last session I did well and placed 2nd (me 90k vs 450k chipleader in HU). Here is screen of the cashier ;) Have a nice day :)

BR: 31.05
    • heelia
      heelia
      Bronze
      Hello, three sessions today - 2nd, 3rd and 4th place, all in 360s :-) I'm looking forward the "high stakes" :-) Have a nice day!

BR:39.51$