Heelia's 5$ challange + SnG|MTT Blog

• heelia
      heelia
      Bronze
      Hello everybody! My name is Jan and I would like to introduce myself a bit. I'm almost 20 years old young man and I really enjoy this site since I have registered here. I study in Brno, Czech Republic, at the college IT faculty, closer it's computer graphics. I love playing poker (ofc), but I enjoy playing basketball with my friends, dancing (especially latino) and parties too ;)

I can say I have tried almost every type of poker (FL/NL FR/SH, PLO, PL/NL HiLo) and I have to say every type gave me something. My attitude to poker is that everyone can improve himself/herself in play. For me the key in poker is self-discipline and patience. That's very difficult for some players, especially for the beginners.

Why I have created this blog? I would like to share "my starting poker career" and receive some feedback ofc ;) . I would like to protect myself from tilting and play my A-Game as I was always trying.

Two days ago, I successfully cleared the 50$ First Deposit bonus on Pstars (Ye, I know it's middle of the year, but I have not so much time be4 because of the school) and yesterday I managed to clear the 2500TP on Titan, so I am finally able to withdraw TAF money when I want to. I have withdrawn today all of my money from PStars except 5$.

I want to move to FullTilt and deposit for the full 600$ bonus so I have to grind for about 150$ now (got about 450$ ready for the transfer). As I have sport injury (broken leg, I can't go anywhere for about week), I have decided to do such challenge. I will try to turn this 5$ on Pstars to 150$ or maybe more in 1month, 2months, who knows? :) I have to say I'm not such crazy grinder as boku87 or miskokvo from PS, but I just want to test myself.

I will try to post my success every 2 days, I'll start playing 360 man turbos 0.10$ - players here are really horrible. Then with proper BRM I can continue. I can play freerolls (we have every Sunday 300$ Regional and every 2 days 100$ Regional due to CzechSlovak PokerTour).

Here is the summary:
      :spade: Turn 5$ into some nice cash
      :spade: Move to FullTilt and clear the Bonus
      :spade: Pick another room and clear the bonus
      :spade: Move back to PStars and start with micro MTTs

Unfortunately my Pstars account is not tracked, so I really looking forward playing on FullTilt (rakeback ftw! :) ). Good luck at the tables and see ya!
  • 9 replies
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Hey heelia,

Nice start to your blog - i will definately keep an eye on this. I like this $5 into xxx challenges so good luck!

-Jack
    • heelia
      heelia
      Bronze
      Had about 2 multitable sessions today, I was doing 0.10$ 360 turbos as I wrote, about 15-18 tables in both sessions. I had some good spots in 1st session, but unfortunately I cashed only for the amount I have payed for the registration. Second session was kinda better, and even I made some small mistakes, I'm up a bit. Cashed in 20 FPP NL 1000$ too, for about 0.70$. As far as I'm happy with my progress, it may not seem a lot...

BR: 9.99$

Good luck at the tables! Jan
    • Pincell
      Pincell
      Bronze
      Hey heelia,
      interesting blog, I'm definitely going to read it.GL.

If you are interested in some conversation about hands or poker in general write me PM. I study in Brno too :f_biggrin:
    • heelia
      heelia
      Bronze
      I had two sessions today, both about 15 tables. I was pretty successful and I'm happy to share my success with you. I experienced few suckouts too, but as I have learned - in longterm my A-game will be profitable. Still grinding the 0.10$ 360man turbos - I know that is not much, but I can say I feel pretty good play against "such players". It's an example, that not everyone knows how to play and it really helps me, even I have a suckout - I always say to myself I'm better player and it really helps me ;)

BR: 25.03$

I'll try to play more in the next few days! ;)
    • Huseens
      Huseens
      Bronze
      I will keep an eye on this blog. :) I have similar story, but I started with 2$ and now my bankroll is 7$. Not much, but I don't play much on Stars for now.
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      Wow man, 1.place in two of them in 1 day? =) Sounds like great performance to me, no matter what the players are like ;)

Im looking forward to see you on some higher stakes =) Keep it up ;)
    • cojonel
      cojonel
      Global
      seems to be an intersting blog keep going on ;)
    • heelia
      heelia
      Bronze
      Hello every1! I've played today about 3 sessions (15, 18 and 20tables), first one was not lucky, even I got tables with huge stack -> lost due to few suckouts. Second was better, I was up for about 3$ (placed 3rd in one). In the last session I did well and placed 2nd (me 90k vs 450k chipleader in HU). Here is screen of the cashier ;) Have a nice day :)

BR: 31.05
    • heelia
      heelia
      Bronze
      Hello, three sessions today - 2nd, 3rd and 4th place, all in 360s :-) I'm looking forward the "high stakes" :-) Have a nice day!

BR:39.51$