Poker Psychology

• michaelqian
      Hi all

Probably a stupid post here. I'm a beginner player, 2 months on NL2 and about 25,000 hands so far. I definitely play quite well and better than a lot of the fish or maniacs at NL2.

I have this slight psychological issue of wanting to quit while I'm ahead, which I know is usually considered a mistake.

For example, I win $6, normally I'm tempted to stop and continue later.

Or what about this example... at NL2, Preflop

You are dealt AA, manage to get 2 other players all in preflop, you triple up to $6.

Then shortly on the same table you get AA again, another play with $6 goes all in, would you be tempted at all to fold? Preflop as well

You will probably think I'm stupid even for mentioning this example. Personally I would go all in but very very nervous!! I know I definitely can't fold.

What's your thoughts on this?
  • 2 replies
    • Tampaloeres81

If youre not comfortable yet playing deep stacked, just leave the table and buy in with 100BB on a new table. You will get used to play deepstacked.

Personaly I would love to put my 300BB all-in preflop with AA :D

• Dragar
      Yeah if your not comfortable with deep stack play you can leave the table if there are other deep stacks.

But deep stack is where the money (or the big freaking cooler losses bah!) is hehe :)