SSS adjustments

• Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      I am both new to Party and playing cash games as a short-stack. I have the following questions:

On the $10NL tables I see plenty of tight players and would like to know if there is any information with regards to adjusting the starting hands. eg. villain VP$IP 10, PFR 3 over 200 hands raises UTG. Muck JJ OTB?

How does playing with a short-stack affect FE in blind stealing situations?
  • 2 replies
    • Mugge88
      Mugge88
      Bronze
      In the silver section (i believe its there) you can find some information on SSS vs SSS player. Basicly you can use the same schemes vs standard TAG's = JJ is a fold vs a raise from EP. (~43% equity against an SSS players handrange).

Regarding your other question the FE goes down some, since the opponent isn't risking his entire stack even if you got a decent hand. Because of this fact you shouldn't attempt to steal the blinds with "any-two" cards (unless ofcourse you get some reads on a weak-tight player in the blinds) - Just follow the advanced preflop SSS scheme from the bronze section and you should do just fine :)

Regards
      Mugge
    • howard182
      howard182
      Bronze
      Forget JJ, muck QQ against an UTG raise from an opponent with 3% pfr over a meaningful number of hands unless you have a more specific read (or you give yourself sufficient implied odds, which as a short stack you can't). Even if he doesn't adjust for position you're worse than a coinflip against his range. (JJ+,AK is a likely 3% range, which is probably tightened to QQ+,AK for early positions.)

Playing with poker stove gets you the most accurate answers for specific types of villains, and over time you'll get a feel for the results and be able to make the judgements at the table.