MP1 ($20.00)
      MP2 ($24.25)
      CO ($7.40)
      BTN ($26.20)
      SB ($15.65)
      Hero (BB) ($5.00)
      [MP1 posted $0.25]

Pre-flop: ($0.65, 8 players) Hero is BB :3d: A:
      UTG calls $0.25, 1 fold, MP1 checks, 1 fold, CO calls $0.25, 1 fold, SB calls $0.10, Hero checks

Flop: :7d: :9h: T: ($1.25, 5 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, CO bets $7.15, SB folds, Hero ??? [i]

villain super LAG, super agressive post flop. from the very few hands i have of him.

Just for the sake of equilator calculations, i put in on a 20% range + all pocket pairs down to 22.

I get about 55% equity based on that range.
  • 5 replies
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      I have a tendancy to fold to ridiculous overbets like this one without reads. I just see them as overprotection of strong hands.

Its possible that he's just making this massive bet with a weaker FD also or making a massive bluff but I'm still looking at it as a strong hand rather than a weakish one.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      +1

Although it is really annoying when we don't get to draw cheaply on our good draws because someone overprotects, we can't ignore it.

You lose money in this spot by calling in my opinion. I don't think you get fold equity by shoving as villain has invested too much already.

More to the point, I don't think your implieds are good as villain appears to fear the flush draw and so if it completes there's no guarantee you can extract the necessary additional $ to make the call +EV.
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      for calling the bet, there is no need to look at implied odds. My stack is below the betsize, i'm calling all-in. So only the pot odds matter here for the call.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Quite right - apologies. I read the bet as $1.75, rather than $7.15; whethe it's dyslexia or tiredness from too much grinding, I'm not sure.

Anyway - ignore the bit about implieds which is rubbish in this case.

And in fact, because villain has already put his whole stack on the line for us, I actually don't mind the call that much.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey elhh82,

from your reads opponent is very likely to bluff, but are you confident in your reads? If you are and you believe villain can bluff this against so many opponents then I call his shove and even against a pair you have at least 12 outs.

On the other hand, when villains overbet in multiway pots it's usually a very strong hand and against 2 pair or better you make -EV move by calling. So, I would fold unless I've seen him bluff in one of his previous hands. Otherwise it's possible he's just on a good run thus aggressive.

Regards,
      burek2000