This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50SH TT overpair

• silent21
      silent21
      Global
      SB: $50.25
      Hero (BB): $61.20
      UTG: $116.35
      CO: $50
      BTN: $13

Pre-Flop: T:diamond: T:club: dealt to Hero (BB)
      UTG folds, CO raises to $1.75, 2 folds, Hero calls $1.25

Flop: ($3.75) 5:diamond: 8:diamond: 8:spade: (2 Players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $3, Hero raises to $10, CO calls $7

Turn: ($23.75) 2:heart: (2 Players)
      Hero bets $12, CO calls $12

River: ($47.75) 9:spade: (2 Players)
      Hero ?

I seem to run into this situation constantly now that I have moved up to 50NL. I have a 99/TT/JJ type hand in a raised pot (either me or the villain raising), flop an overpair, and villain just calls in position. I don't know if I'm giving these pots up too easily or not easily enough. Any advice? I know I'm going to get the "bet more on the turn" response, but I don't know if I feel comfortable committing in hands like this. btw villain is 22/20 1af 100h
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think you can 3-bet pf and consider opponent and your image you can also get all-inpf
      flop I really don´t like c/r there a lot of times, since it is hard him to fold worse hands. My line would be c/c flop, c/c turn and then evaluate river
      Don´t see much value betting river, he isn´t likely folding better hands or calling worse hands, unless he holds 99, so I think you can check and depends on your reads you can either c/c or c/f.
      With 1 af I tend to c/f more