This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Any arguments for playing PL Holdem tables?

• nafar84
      nafar84
      Bronze
      On FTP I've noticed that many PL tables tend to have a higher average pot size than NL. Are there more fish in PL tables from your experience? And why do people actually bother to play PL instead of NL?

Now that I think of it, my style is actually more PL than NL, as I rarely ever overbet and even when I openraise or isolate preflop I just hit the pot button instead of 4x BB + limpers. Should I, then, start playing PL?
  • 1 reply
    • PetterG2
      PetterG2
      Bronze
      IMO there is almost no difference between pot limit and no limit unless you like to overbet every now and then. I think PL can be very profitable because a lot of people just press the pot button instead of typing in like 2/3 of the pot or something like that. I addition it's probably next to none regulars at PL. Especally on the lower limits. Most of them are probably hobby-players that are just testing different kinds of poker. This is at least my experience.