$86.25
      Hero:
      $21.50
      CO:
      $89.35
      BU:
      $42.20

0.5/1 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:diamond: , K:club:
      UTG folds, UTG1 calls $1.00, UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $1.00, MP2 folds, Hero raises to $5.50, 4 folds, UTG1 calls $4.50, MP1 folds.

Flop: ($13.50) 2:heart: , 3:spade: , 4:spade: (2 players)
      UTG1 checks, Hero bets $7.00, UTG1 raises to $14.00, Hero raises to $16.00 (All-In), UTG1 calls $2.00.

Turn: ($45.50) 8:spade:
      River: ($45.50) Q:diamond: (1 players)

Final Pot: $45.50

Villain is vpip 25, pfr 2 after 53 hds.
      After my cbet, my g/shot sd and overcards seem to give me enough equity to go broke here against unknown? (I need around 22% equity to call, I believe). Is that a fair assessment, do you think?
  • 8 replies
    • RahXephon1
      RahXephon1
      Bronze
      I like your call, but I think you need 30% equity (which you still have probably).

I have another question though, is it possible that just pushing AK could be of better value with two limpers or is the position too early. I ask this because people fold to my contibet on the flop with them when they don't hit or trap me when they hit. Or is the normal raise still better because of the position we have on the limpers?
    • goldflair03
      goldflair03
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RahXephon1

I have another question though, is it possible that just pushing AK could be of better value with two limpers or is the position too early. I ask this because people fold to my contibet on the flop with them when they don't hit or trap me when they hit. Or is the normal raise still better because of the position we have on the limpers?
      raising AK is more +EV (for sure)

but...
      ... http://de.pokerstrategy.com/software/6/
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Anyone else thinking of checking back this flop?
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      just shove flop? seems very standard hand to me
    • goldflair03
      goldflair03
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DaPhunk
      why ?(
      ace-high-value :] :s_cool:
    • RahXephon1
      RahXephon1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DaPhunk
      I check those kind of flops against calling stations, since this way I control the potsize and can fold on bad turn/river cards, or when I hit the A or K usually it's possible to extract value from opponent anyways.

Since the board is really low, I like checking like you proposed a lot, since I don't really se a lot of fold equity (only At-AJ or KQ would maybe fold and we are way ahead of them anyway.
    • wuusaa
      wuusaa
      Bronze
      but we have Nuts =)
      I want to make a cbet & and call a push.
      Never Fold this hand postflop so why not make pressure.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey Tim64,

preflop is standard.

Postflop you have 16$ stack and pot is 13.5$ which leads to easy c-bet shove.

As played, you have to call, against overpair you have 28% equity and much more against FD, while you only need 21.3%.

Normal raise IP with only 2 limpers and bigger stack is much better than shoving. By shoving you mostly play for FE, while AK is strong enough to play for value.

@ CB: I don't think checking behind is good against unknown. I would only CB against some really passive opponent against which we cannot play AK on the flop for value, but against all the rest shoving is best imo.

Regards,
      burek2000