Question about ICM

• EdgarAronov
      EdgarAronov
      Bronze
      "If you win the hand, you will have 4,000 chips. According to the ICM, they have a value of $18.444 (not $20, as you might assume)."
      i assume $20, why the hell is it $18.444 :f_confused: :f_confused: :f_confused: i just won't get it :f_cry:
      i'm getting some realy hard time with this ICM
  • 3 replies
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      I am not sure if this is what you're asking but in a tournament when you stack somebody early and they bust some of the value of the chips they had goes to you and some of the value goes to the other players still left at the table even if they didn't win any chips in that hand themselves.
      This is because in a tourney the one who last the longest wins not the one with the most chips at a given moment. So if you bust someone everybody at the table just outlasted one other player therefore their stacks grow in value even though they still have the same number of chips. This added value is paid for by the guy who busts.
      So to sum it up if you double up then your stack is not worth twice as much because some of the value goes to the other players not involved in the hand. This is why we want to play tight in the beginning of a SNG and just accumulate value by watching other people bust..

Hope this helps,
      Lubor
    • EdgarAronov
      EdgarAronov
      Bronze
      Hey thanks, got it.
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      Read the article about ICM (silver), it explains the calculation perfectly.