[NL2-NL10] NL 2 SH - AQo

• randompkr
      randompkr
      Bronze
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

Hero ($3.92)
      SB ($4.89)
      BB ($0.73)
      UTG ($1.84)
      MP ($1.18)
      CO ($1.54)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[:heart:] , Q[:club:] .
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, SB calls $0.07, 1 fold.

Flop: ($0.18) 3[:club:] , A[:club:] , Q[:diamond:] (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.12, SB calls $0.12.

Turn: ($0.42) 2[:diamond:] (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.28, SB calls $0.28.

River: ($0.98) 4[:diamond:] (2 players)
      SB bets $4.41 (All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: $5.39

Was it right to fold there, although his line didn't make any sense?
  • 2 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

In fish land his line actually does make sense. It's either a bad slowplay line from a "tricky" fish or a busted club draw from an insane fish.

Since we have two A two Q accounted for already it isn't likely he's doing that with those, him having a 5 is also unlikely but possible you never know with these guys (A5?), he could do that with the unlikely set of 3's or worse two pairs with A3 A2 A4. And he could just spazzshove a busted draw because well, check/folding is for suckers.

Folding probably isn't bad given the price but i think there are enough reasons overall to try and bust him right there, so i'd call myself.

Hope it helps.
    • randompkr
      randompkr
      Bronze
      I though myself that with A3 he would have raised the flop or atleast on the turn where second FD got in. So I didn't think he has worse two pair (but who knows..) I folded because I put him on some kind of Ax of diamonds.Because before calling the flop he took some time, but he instantly called the turn.