[NL2-NL10] NL 2 SH - AKo (nut flush on paired board)

• randompkr
      randompkr
      Bronze
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

Button ($5.42)
      SB ($1.08)
      BB ($2.60)
      Hero ($3.30)
      MP ($4.25)
      CO ($1.92)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[:club:] , K[:heart:] .
      Hero raises to $0.08, MP calls $0.08, 4 folds.

Flop: ($0.19) 4[:heart:] , 6[:club:] , A[:heart:] (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.14, MP raises to $0.4, Hero calls $0.26.

Turn: ($0.99) 9[:heart:] (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP checks.

River: ($0.99) 6[:heart:] (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.45, MP raises to $3.77, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $5.21

Before he pushed the river: xxxMFBxxx said, "never call my raise"
      And after the push: xxxMFBxxx said, "i have no hearts"

I put him on 44 or even 66 when I played this hand, that's why I folded the river. Also, how I should have played the hand? check/call the river maybe?
  • 3 replies
    • revlis
      revlis
      Bronze
      Dont watch what the opponent tells, it could be a total trash what he's saying..
      Also, imo you should have bet on the turn: 1) if he had raised you again, then it would be a fold or a call depending on the size of the raise( because you have the nutflushdraw now) 2) if the opponent had holded trips, then he probably would have called you , and you would have a better clue on the river , when he re-raises 3) there is equity , that your opponent could even fold in turn.
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      I think I'd get it in on the flop. TPTK on 2NL... and you have a backdoor nuts flush draw. Just go broke imo.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

At a little higher stakes i'd probably be worried about just stacking off with 165bb on that flop, but at nl2 you'll find players willing to stack off with any Ax or flushdraw in that spot. And since he's repping such a narrow range of made hands that beat you, i'll go along with the general opinion, make a 3bet to like $1.3 where he can still think he has some fold equity when jamming, and call his shove.

Hope it helps.