NBA: offseason

• revlis
      revlis
      Bronze
      This year's offseason has been quite crazy.. The strong teams got stronger, and some started rebuilding and trying to stay in the salary cap..
      So , all NBA fans , name your this year's favourite or most profitable offseason trade, and point out why.

MY : Shaquille O'neal to Cavaliers.

1) I am a big Cavalier fan and finally, we have a dominant center in the league
      2) I still believe O'neal has enough left in his tank , if he stays healthy
      3) No more double-teaming against Dwight Howard or the new-look Celtics with Rasheed Wallace
      4) Alot more fun to watch this season with O'neal and Lebron doing maybe All-star dance contest repeat :f_biggrin:
      5) Now we have two solid options behind Lebron, and it is especially valuable if Mo Williams has an off streak like against Orlando
      6) Veteran and FIVE NBA FINALS experience

definitely shaq brings some minuses too, he isnt a good pick and roll defender (one of Orlandos weapons in thsi years conf finals) , and if he gets injured, then.. we can kiss good bye to Lebron as winning this year with the same team is even harder .
      But I believe in the WITNESS PROTECTION and hopefully he can get the job done: win a ring for the king!
  • 2 replies
    • bkbart
      bkbart
      Bronze
      Im a raptors fan so I will talk about them.

We picked up hedo turkoglu which should be huge. Also reggie evans, sure he is not a big name but the raps need some toughness. Also picking up Jarrett Jack should help bring a little more stability. We had garbage for back up point last year and Jack and Bosh should have good chemistry since they played together a G Tech allbeit only one year. Getting rid of that panzy anthony parker is nice too. I like replacing Kapono with bellini too when bellini gets hot he doesnt miss. And Derozen from the draft should be a very nice athletic player. He is very raw but has a ton of athletism and will be a high flyer. Im loving the european base and am hoping for the playoffs.
    • revlis
      revlis
      Bronze
      yeah, raptors are great, i like chris bosh, but i am not sure if hedo can get the job done.. i mean, he was great in the finals , but because he fitted so well in the team and know his role. But now we will see the real turkey MJ , if he's worth that big paycheck:)