This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 - AJ from SB, split pair on the turn

• MancaMulas
      MancaMulas
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $0.60
      CO:
      $2.84
      BU:
      $1.35
      SB(Hero):
      $2.00
      BB:
      $2.47
      UTG1:
      $0.88
      UTG2:
      $1.91
      MP1:
      $0.78
      MP2:
      $4.69

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, J.
      7 folds, Hero raises to $0.07, BB calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.16) J, 8, Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.14, BB calls $0.14.

Turn: ($0.44) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.30, BB raises to $1.12, Hero raises to $1.48, BB calls $0.66.

River: ($4) 9 (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.
  • 4 replies
    • revlis
      revlis
      Bronze
      I think the turn re-raise was too much, board is too drawheavy, and even though the Ace gives you two pair, you are still behind against a set ( 88) , the Ace could have given the villain a straight (KT), or he had it already in the flop with 9Ts.. There are so many hands that beat you , that the raise is definitely not profitable. Call makes a little more sense, as you can see what the final round brings and then re-analyse your hand strength..
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Don't ever just call that turn you're committed anyway afterward, so it's a push-or-fold decision right there.

With a read that BB is good enough to loosen up quite a bit in heads-up blind battles i would be going broke there always. But i think most people just continue playing their usual style, and since that board is absolutely atrocious for your two pairs against a standard defending range, i wouldn't mind a fold there for less variance.

You can't really fault shoving either against an unknown, but i think you're 4-outing against most people's turn raising range in that spot.

Hope it helps.
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      Turn is shove or fold. A call makes absolutely no sense whatsoever cause you'll be committed on the river anyway. Even if every single draw on the board completes. I mean, if you call $1.12 you've got 36c behind for a $4 pot, you can NEVER EVER fold that on the river anyway.

I guess a fold on the turn would be ok as he seems very strong but considering it's 2 NL I'd just go broke here and cry if he has AQ or a set and curse at him (not in chat ofc) if he chased a straight draw with KT :f_biggrin:
    • revlis
      revlis
      Bronze
      Oh ofcourse, I didnt notice that with teh call he would be pot committed , my bad.. Then it is yes, bet/ fold or shove