$0.88
      UTG2:
      $1.91
      MP1:
      $0.78
      MP2:
      $4.69

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, J.
      7 folds, Hero raises to $0.07, BB calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.16) J, 8, Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.14, BB calls $0.14.

Turn: ($0.44) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.30, BB raises to $1.12, Hero raises to $1.48, BB calls $0.66.

River: ($4) 9 (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.
  • 4 replies
    • revlis
      revlis
      Bronze
      I think the turn re-raise was too much, board is too drawheavy, and even though the Ace gives you two pair, you are still behind against a set ( 88) , the Ace could have given the villain a straight (KT), or he had it already in the flop with 9Ts.. There are so many hands that beat you , that the raise is definitely not profitable. Call makes a little more sense, as you can see what the final round brings and then re-analyse your hand strength..
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Don't ever just call that turn you're committed anyway afterward, so it's a push-or-fold decision right there.

With a read that BB is good enough to loosen up quite a bit in heads-up blind battles i would be going broke there always. But i think most people just continue playing their usual style, and since that board is absolutely atrocious for your two pairs against a standard defending range, i wouldn't mind a fold there for less variance.

You can't really fault shoving either against an unknown, but i think you're 4-outing against most people's turn raising range in that spot.

Hope it helps.
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      Turn is shove or fold. A call makes absolutely no sense whatsoever cause you'll be committed on the river anyway. Even if every single draw on the board completes. I mean, if you call $1.12 you've got 36c behind for a $4 pot, you can NEVER EVER fold that on the river anyway.

I guess a fold on the turn would be ok as he seems very strong but considering it's 2 NL I'd just go broke here and cry if he has AQ or a set and curse at him (not in chat ofc) if he chased a straight draw with KT :f_biggrin:
    • revlis
      revlis
      Bronze
      Oh ofcourse, I didnt notice that with teh call he would be pot committed , my bad.. Then it is yes, bet/ fold or shove