$2.05
      UTG:
      $8.40
      CO:
      $9.59
      BU:
      $4.57

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7:diamond: , 2:diamond:
      UTG calls $0.10, 5 folds, CO calls $0.10, BU calls $0.10, SB calls $0.05, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.50) 6:diamond: , 4:diamond: , A:diamond: (5 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.70, 2 folds, BU calls $0.70, SB folds.

Turn: ($1.90) 5:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.25 (All-In), BU folds.

Final Pot: $3.15

Should I bet a potsize bet on the flop to know where I'm at and to scare opponents to protect my low flush?
  • 3 replies
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze

Should I bet a potsize bet on the flop to know where I'm at and to scare opponents to protect my low flush?
      No, you should bet potsize on the flop to leave about a psb left to bet on the turn in order to maximize value from your opponents Ax/Big :diamond: x etc. IF you overprotect your hand then you can sometimes isolate yourself versus better hands and therefore not get paid off by weaker hands or draws.

The line you took is OK but overbets are best avoided unless you have a specific read on an opponent.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Nunki got there first again
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey AgeOfMyself,

Originally posted by Nunki

No, you should bet potsize on the flop to leave about a psb left to bet on the turn in order to maximize value from your opponents Ax/Big :diamond: x etc. IF you overprotect your hand then you can sometimes isolate yourself versus better hands and therefore not get paid off by weaker hands or draws.

The line you took is OK but overbets are best avoided unless you have a specific read on an opponent.
      This.

Normal raising size in freeplays thus unraised pots is potsize.

Regards,
      burek2000