Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $3,52
      Hero:
      $3,66

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.68 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with A:diamond: , A:spade:
      UTG1 folds, Hero raises to $0,08, 5 folds, SB calls $0,07, BB folds.

Flop: ($0,18) J:spade: , 2:diamond: , J:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0,10, SB calls $0,10.

Turn: ($0,38) 8:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $0,38, Hero calls $0,38.

River: ($1,14) K:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $2,96 (All-In), Hero calls $2,96.

Final Pot: $7,06

Any comments on this hand would be appreciated, probably not played it right but im looking forward to suggestions/comments.
  • 4 replies
    • revlis
      revlis
      Bronze
      I think you played it quite correctly: the odds that he had the third J were very little and he probably called all the streets with a pocket pair like 99 or smth like that. Maybe the river bet was a bit too high, since the K is usually a scarecard, people now know that they are behind like KQ or Ak too.
    • flp0
      flp0
      Bronze
      thanks for the comment unfortunately he had the J..
    • kosmonaut111
      kosmonaut111
      Bronze
      revlis: he did not bet turn and river

It is very weird to c/call flop and then potsize bet on turn from your opponent.
      Here it seems that your opponent has something with what he tries to go AI.
      I think your line here is ok, but dont be 100% sure that you have the best hand here.

River you are quite definetly beaten. If he has something like QQ, he would not play it so weird. Ofcourse he could have something like AK and thought he has the nuts on river but it smells more like very strong hand.
      So I would fold to his riverbet.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

That guy seems more loose passive than anything else, and usually when these players wake up and start potting into you it's a bad sign.

I don't mind peeling the turn in case he's just making a random move, but when he shoves the river i think you can give him Jx and let it go.

Hope it helps.