Some Advice?

• amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      Well two days ago I signed up and got $50 at full tilt. Since then I am now down to $19 - mostly lost my bankroll through SnG's although 8/10 times I come in top 3 but can't seem to last it out till 2nd (I've played 49 mostly tournaments at $1+25c and I've won $35 but am about $28 down overall - I'm only a few $ down on cash games)

Anyway my question is with this bankroll should I just learn SSS and switch to playing say 2c/5c games until I get my bankroll up enough or should I play even smaller limits?

Also will I get 27% rakeback on my tournament fees? Because according to pokertracker I have spent $63.15 on tournaments but I won't get rakeback on the 25c's will I? So will I be getting 27% on around $50? Also in pokertracker it says in cash games my rake is $16.73 so overall will I be getting :

(0.27*50)+(0.27*16.73)=$18?

Many Thanks in Advance,

Amplifyd
  • 3 replies
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think you should play the game you enjoy more. You will have to learn a lot either way if you want to become a winning player so you might as well do what's more fun for you. Both SNGs and cash games are pretty much the same in terms of profitability.. Just make sure you follow conservative enough bankroll management so that you don't go broke before you have the time to learn to play well enough..

About rakeback.. You get 27% of everything you paid to the poker room be it tourney fees or actual rake in cash games. If you use pokertracker you can figure out the exact amount pretty easily by just adding everything up. You can find out how much you paid in tournament fees in pokertracker as well...

Hope this helps,
      Lubor
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      Ok cool - I'm playing a little better today I think and am following the strategies a little bit better (after about an hour and half play i'm up $3 which is by no means big but at 1c/2c tables and 1 $1 SnG I'd say it was fair enough)

When do we get paid rakeback though? Is it weekly/monthly?
    • dcmcfyl
      dcmcfyl
      Bronze
      You get paid rakeback every Friday. Also, you only recieve rakeback on the tournament fee, not the buy in. The $1 is the buy in, which goes towards the prize pool, and the $0.25 is the tournament fee that goes to the house.