[NL2-NL10] 97s NL2 BB

• brazyd
      Was my call of the reraise ok at the river? When reviewing I would think this should have been a fold, I was really doubting when playing the hand, I figured that he would have reraised at the turn with the flush. I felt like there was a good chance that he was trying to bluff me of the pot.

Known players:

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9:club: , 7:club:
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0,02, 4 folds, SB calls $0,01, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0,06) 2:club: , 6:club: , 8:spade: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0,05, MP1 calls $0,05, SB folds.

Turn: ($0,16) 3:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,12, MP1 calls $0,12.

River: ($0,40) 4:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,25, MP1 raises to $0,98, Hero calls $0,73.

Final Pot: $2,36

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a flush, nine high (9c 7c)
      MP1 shows a flush, ace high (Tc Ac)

MP1 wins with a flush, ace high (Tc Ac)
  • 2 replies
    • revlis
      I think you did okay.. The villain probably had a flushdraw in the turn or a straight draw and didnt believe you were ahead..
      Or if he also had two clubs, still you can call the river re-raise.. Pot isnt very large and you cant just fold probably the best hand.
      All other hands like straights , two pairs , trips pay you off..
    • MaestroOfZerg

I also think he might raise worse hands there and the price is okayish, so i don't mind the call.

Try and factor in that some fishes will never raise before the river in position even with flopped nuts, they just like to let you bet into them and only put in a raise at the very end. So i wouldn't entirely discount stronger made hands on the assumption that he would raise them earlier.

Hope it helps.