[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Fr Jj

• cooltree123
      Unknown shortstack. I was unsure whether or not to shove the flop. Thanks for your help.

Known players:

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.65 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with J:club: , J:spade:
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, 2 folds, BB calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.85) 9:spade: , 7:heart: , K:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.40, Hero raises to $2.30, BB calls $1.10 (All-In), Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Turn: ($3.85) 8:heart:
      River: ($3.85) K:heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: $3.85

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, kings and jacks (Jc Js)
      BB shows a full-house, nines full of kings (9h 9d)

BB wins with a full-house, nines full of kings (9h 9d)
  • 2 replies
    • revlis
      Well, since he called your bet, that makes him a non SSS , who is probably trying to imitate it. SSS never calls prf , he folds, raises or pushes.
      He is probably a donk , who hit his K (maybe calling with broadways) or is trying to bluff you off.. I usually prefer calling and see the turn card and if he's willing to go broke... Because his bet was small enough , and he isnt totally committed, he has more than half of his stack left.
    • MaestroOfZerg

He bought in with a short stack and he's making calls for 20% of his stack preflop, i think it's safe to say that this guy is bad.

From there when he leads the flop it probably means he has something, but that could very well be a draw of some sort or a worse pair that he won't let go off. I'd feel much better shoving it in without the K on board because it must be scary for him, which i think decreases the likelihood that he'll go broke light with other made hands. Still i think i'd shove it too, folding is fine if you don't want to get involved in that.

Calling i don't like, because the board will only get worse for our hand and scarier for his hand if we're ahead on the flop, so letting another card peel won't accomplish anything.

Hope it helps.