[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Fr Qq

• cooltree123
      cooltree123
      Bronze
      I feel I played this wrong. I believe my re-raise should have been more and I should have folded against his shove? What should I have done if I was holding KK in this situation? Feedback is much appreciated, thanks.

(I wasn't using HUD at the time so villain was unknown)

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $12.30
      Hero:
      $10.60
      BU:
      $11.40

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.65 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q:diamond: , Q:club:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, CO folds, BU calls $0.40, SB raises to $1.80, BB folds, Hero raises to $3.40, BU folds, SB raises to $11.60, Hero calls $7.20 (All-In), SB gets uncalled bet back.

Flop: ($21.70) 6:spade: , T:heart: , 8:heart:
      Turn: ($21.70) 2:diamond:
      River: ($21.70) 5:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $21.70

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of queens (Qd Qc)
      SB shows a pair of aces (As Ah)

SB wins with a pair of aces (As Ah)
  • 5 replies
    • revlis
      revlis
      Bronze
      If you were holding a KK , then going broke is the best you can get prf..
      In this case, since we dont know anything about the opponent yet, It is hard to tell if he's re-stealing or is he really holding a better hand then you..
      Although I have seen some crazy defenders, who may shove even AT+..
      I think it is a coinflip , his raises were quite big , so it could be a bluff..
      A call isnt totally wrong, but fold maybe a better option.. Just write down the note , and next time you have more info about him-
    • radk1
      radk1
      Bronze
      We do know about the opponent, that's what the stats are there for. This guy is TAG and his raise shows AA,KK. You could add AK but I don't think he'd push with that. It's always hard to lay down QQ pf but I think you have to in this case or flat call his first raise and see if you improve on the flop.
    • radk1
      radk1
      Bronze
      Apologies, just noticed your note in the brackets about not using hud.
      Agree with revlis about KK in that situation.
    • cooltree123
      cooltree123
      Bronze
      Thanks for you're comments. Just to summarize, obviously the play is situational but as a general rule of thumb the message seems to be:

1) Always shove KK preflop
      2) Consider folding QQ against massive aggression from tight-ish players
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Hard to say against a total unknown but his squeeze size looks decent, i'd probably give him a little credit for that especially if you poker site doesn't have a pot button.

I think either 4bet/calling and just folding to the 3bet are okay lines, you're respectively gonna get burned against solid players by 4bet/calling, and you're gonna miss a lot of value against the average donk and good tags by folding. Still, the second line has much less variance than the first one.

Just don't 4bet/fold it doesn't make any sense, you'll easily get odds to call even against a range like KK+/AK after 4betting.

Hope it helps.