[NL2-NL10] NL50 AK vs cbet 3bet

• Tim64
      Known players:

0.25/0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with A:heart: , K:club:
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $2.00, 5 folds, BU calls $2.00, 2 folds.

Flop: ($4.75) Q:diamond: , 6:heart: , 9:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.50, BU raises to $7.00 (All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: $14.25

Easy fold with only overcards? Or rather, I have to fold, don't I - otherwise I should have pushed the flop in the first place? I know this is basic stuff but my confidence is totally shot ATM :(

edit: ok - that's lazy. If I give thinking villain a range for this move of: 55+, AQs, KQs, QJs, AQo, KQo, QJo, I get 18.7% equity and I need 25%, so I think a fold really was best and not just me being a scardy cat.
  • 5 replies
    • RahXephon1
      This is always the worst spot for me, I loose so much money here is not even funny, when I get reraised on flop twice in a row I just get paranoid and start calling everything down, then I actually catch someone bluffing, get the hero sindrome and start bleeding even more money.

Can anyone explain to me which stats are usefull to identify people that will bluff reraise on flop (I use pokertracker), the only values I know how to use post flop are bet flop% and fold to flop bet%.
    • wuusaa
      the raise cbet & the AF flop.
      You need 7 outs to call.
      Of course he can bluff you but i think a fold is the best play here.
    • DaPhunk
      Where is the fold to cbet stat? Anyway, I think a fold is fine.
    • burek2000
      Hey Tim64,

standard bet/fold flop.

After the c-bet you don't get then needed equity for the overcards thus fold is best, this board hits villains range nicely and there's no reason to presume he bluffs us.

Btw, Fold2c-bet after 45 hands is trash, so villain's postflop is unknown.

Don't worry Tim, everyone who has ever played poker(at least for decent amount of time) has had a hard time in his/her career, but as long as you play solid it's just the matter of time when the results follow. It is good to post hands here on forum, to raise your confidence and to check every now and then if you tilted some hand. I hope you get some extra motivation!

• Tim64
      well it's you guys who keep me motivated... so thanks!!